Week 5 GDT: Jets vs. Browns

CWood21

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

So Who had before the season that we'd be 3-2 and the Giants(look likes as of now) at 0-5?

No one. We can debate all we want whether starting 3-2 will hurt us in the long run, but definitely enjoy being tied for first in the division and having the better record than the Giants, who were anticipating a superbowl run. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

No one. We can debate all we want whether starting 3-2 will hurt us in the long run, but definitely enjoy being tied for first in the division and having the better record than the Giants, who were anticipating a superbowl run. 

Everyone just seems to be playing hard for Bowles and each other after being completely counted out in the Offseason

16 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Big time surprised by us having 3 wins. But the teams we've beat aren't very good. These next few weeks I think our true colors will show. This D will get exposed and we will have to put up points to compete, which we haven't shown.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Big time surprised by us having 3 wins. But the teams we've beat aren't very good. These next few weeks I think our true colors will show. This D will get exposed and we will have to put up points to compete, which we haven't shown.

No doubt, but I've already seen more than I ever could've expected entering the season. Team is playing hard and playing together. Honestly this may have been our most sloppy games of the year, but were able to execute when it mattered. 

As difficult as our schedule gets, this is a weird year in the NFL. There's still a lot of winnable games on our slate (most notably against MIA, BUF, TB, LAC). I thought we were a 2-4 win team, but now I can realistically see us winning 6-7 games. 

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

OMG yes, dude has played really well this year and is constantly overlooked.

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

I don't think Shell gets enough love 

I think he's the best young OL this team has had in a decade. 

Good win.  I'm not to worried about the draft position because we can always trade up or just do a better job of scouting QBs. 

I give credit to Bowles, but the biggest difference has to be the position coaches. The position coaches are clearly doing a better job of translating Bowles' game plan and developing players. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Morton does with a real QB, he's getting the offense to put up decent numbers without a player defenses really have to game plan for and a career backup 38yr old QB. 

Archived