Week 7 GDT: Texans vs Packers

lumberjackchris

Yeah, i always hate playing good teams coming off a loss. Our small hopes for this season are on the line today. We still have a chance at making a post season run if we can win this one. The back half of the schedule is that favorable. 

but with this defense, we could 3-13. 

Green Bay has a middle of the road defense, so that should be a good match up with our offense. 

we have the number 3 pass offense in the league, we need to use it a lot in this game. 

28 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

cc: @amazingandre this is your neck of the woods right?

It's going to be a shootout!

Rodgers vs Watson

First to 40 wins

Packers stud LT Bakhtiari went down and should miss this week. The Pack struggled last week because their OL is terrible. If we can get pressure on Rodgers we have a shot to outscore this team. 

I don't know if I'd say our OL is terrible.  Tampa sacked our QBs 5 times.  Before this game our line ceded only 3 sacks in 4 games.  Of course Tampa has a very good and speedy defense.  We are still waiting to hear what happened to Bakhtiari.  They aren't saying much so that is concerning.

16 hours ago, Pugger said:

I don't know if I'd say our OL is terrible.  Tampa sacked our QBs 5 times.  Before this game our line ceded only 3 sacks in 4 games.  Of course Tampa has a very good and speedy defense.  We are still waiting to hear what happened to Bakhtiari.  They aren't saying much so that is concerning.

Even if your line was terrible, our pass rush is probably worse. 

On 10/21/2020 at 1:36 PM, lumberjackchris said:

cc: @amazingandre this is your neck of the woods right?

It's going to be a shootout!

Rodgers vs Watson

First to 40 wins

Packers stud LT Bakhtiari went down and should miss this week. The Pack struggled last week because their OL is terrible. If we can get pressure on Rodgers we have a shot to outscore this team. 

Sadly yes, it is the team in my area. 

We will not be able to stop GB's offense. It wouldn't shock me if they scored a TD on every drive. 

GB - 52

Texans - 34

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 7:48 PM, amazingandre said:

Sadly yes, it is the team in my area. 

We will not be able to stop GB's offense. It wouldn't shock me if they scored a TD on every drive. 

GB - 52

Texans - 34

Wouldn't shock me if Deshaun scored a TD on every drive too though! He's on pace for around 42 TD's rn.

The Green Bay injury report is long this week. We should have everyone but Atkins 

tyler Ervin is out, which is only a big deal because we don’t want a failed Texans draft pick going off on us. 

Tyler Lancaster is out but he’s nothing special 

Bakhtiari is doubtful which is a huge blow because pff grades him out as one of the best tackles in football

Kevin king is doubtful and he’s one of their top 3 CBs. I believe he’s a starter. 

Darnell Savage is doubtful and he’s a starting safety. 

missing two guys in the secondary and you think we would be able to move the ball pretty well on them. Plus they don’t have a great pass rushing d-line. Only two sacks on the season for their d-line. Their linebackers are pretty good at pass rush though. 

lots of guys are questionable for them but typically when listed as questionable they play. 

their starting center is questionable. So is their starting TE and starting RB. 

we definitely have the injury advantage. We need to go get a W going into the bye week. We still have hope but a 1-6 record nearly dooms us. 

I think if we lose this game, we might actually trade some guys at the deadline. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The Green Bay injury report is long this week. We should have everyone but Atkins 

tyler Ervin is out, which is only a big deal because we don’t want a failed Texans draft pick going off on us. 

Tyler Lancaster is out but he’s nothing special 

Bakhtiari is doubtful which is a huge blow because pff grades him out as one of the best tackles in football

Kevin king is doubtful and he’s one of their top 3 CBs. I believe he’s a starter. 

Darnell Savage is doubtful and he’s a starting safety. 

missing two guys in the secondary and you think we would be able to move the ball pretty well on them. Plus they don’t have a great pass rushing d-line. Only two sacks on the season for their d-line. Their linebackers are pretty good at pass rush though. 

lots of guys are questionable for them but typically when listed as questionable they play. 

their starting center is questionable. So is their starting TE and starting RB. 

we definitely have the injury advantage. We need to go get a W going into the bye week. We still have hope but a 1-6 record nearly dooms us. 

I think if we lose this game, we might actually trade some guys at the deadline. 

We are really beat up so this could be long day for Packers fans.  😟

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Our HEALTHY team isn't as good as your team - so I'm pretty straight up in thinking this will be a bloodletting.

Nothing personal....but I like where you're going with this. Hopefully, you're right....minus the bloodletting part. Nobody needs to part with any blood :)

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Nothing personal....but I like where you're going with this. Hopefully, you're right....minus the bloodletting part. Nobody needs to part with any blood :)

No offense taken.

Bill O'Brien was fired - no matter what happens from this point on, this is a winning season to me.

• Like 1