Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

49ers trade for Jordan Willis LB from Jets

THIS was the move we badly needed. THIS move is the equivalent of getting Sanders at the trade deadline last year. 

Lynch/Shanny do it again! Big time, now this team can have SB aspirations again! 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

THIS was the move we badly needed. THIS move is the equivalent of getting Sanders at the trade deadline last year. 

Lynch/Shanny do it again! Big time, now this team can have SB aspirations again! 

Lol sarcastic much, we are bargain shopping this time around. 

It's something...but the Jets have worse edge play than us and he couldn't crack that line up lol. 

If you're going to bargain hunt for the edge, I think someone like Takk makes more sense. 

• Like 1

What do the jets get from trading a early 7th this year for a 6th next year. Tbh I'd rather just cut him.

Edited by 49erurtaza

We can't really lose that trade. 

I cant believe we got a young player with upside and also added a pick this year. I know its just a 7th and a guy on his third team in 3 years but this was a solid trade given our cap, how many FAs we have coming up, and the position of need. 

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Just sign Cameron Wake WTF. 

Prior to the Laken Tomlinson restructure, the 49ers had only $31,949 (!!) in salary-cap space, the lowest in the NFL. Jordan Willis will cost them about $541,000 of cap room, the prorated remainder of his 2020 salary. You can see the squeeze SF is working through

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1319017395109859329

We're really low on cap space...guess we don't have any restructure possibilities to open up a lot of cap space

Edited by 49ersfan