49ers trade for Jordan Willis LB from Jets

49erurtaza

27 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

We're really low on cap space...guess we don't have any restructure possibilities to open up a lot of cap space

That's not true, we can literally restructure anyone on the roster who is signed next year, the problem is that we are going to eat into next year's cap by doing so 

@Forge we already used all of the Dee Ford restructure money. Smh lol 

I didn't realize this was Jordan Willis from Kent State. I remember him. He's big and strong, was a really good, smart player in college but my issue is, he doesn't have the speed rush that we need. He's another tweener type and is more of the same. He's basically like kentavious street. We need a speed rusher. 

29 minutes ago, N4L said:

That's not true, we can literally restructure anyone on the roster who is signed next year, the problem is that we are going to eat into next year's cap by doing so 

@Forge we already used all of the Dee Ford restructure money. Smh lol 

I didn't realize this was Jordan Willis from Kent State. I remember him. He's big and strong, was a really good, smart player in college but my issue is, he doesn't have the speed rush that we need. He's another tweener type and is more of the same. He's basically like kentavious street. We need a speed rusher. 

How did we already used use what we saved on dee ford by restructuring his contract? Didnt it give us 8million that would roll over if we didn't use it this year?

3 minutes ago, Gravity said:

How did we already used use what we saved on dee ford by restructuring his contract? Didnt it give us 8million that would roll over if we didn't use it this year?

Correct, but I guess bringing guys up from the PS costs 500k a pop, plus Ziggy ansah was 1.3m 

I guess some of that went to kittle as well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Prior to the Laken Tomlinson restructure, the 49ers had only $31,949 (!!) in salary-cap space, the lowest in the NFL. Jordan Willis will cost them about $541,000 of cap room, the prorated remainder of his 2020 salary. You can see the squeeze SF is working through

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1319017395109859329

We're really low on cap space...guess we don't have any restructure possibilities to open up a lot of cap space

Oh okay. Didn't know we were that low on money. 

I actually love this trade quite a bit for a few different reasons:

• We give up a 6th next year for the 1st pick in the 7th this year, plus a supreme athlete at EDGE that costs next to nothing.
  • Kris Kocurek gets a new ball of clay to mold. 
  • Willis was a game wrecker in college, but didn't really get many opportunities to shine in the NFL, here's the biggest opportunity of his life.
  • Our EDGE players are not quick. Hyder and Armstead are not chasing down ball carriers with ease. Willis offers unique athleticism on the EDGE for us.
  • His SPARQ score during the 2017 draft process was 97.5%. Only person higher on the list was Myles Garrett. We've never had an EDGE player with that kind of athleticism.
  • Here's the best part - HE'S BREATHING AND HEALTHY. The bar is incredibly low for our pass rushing unit this year. 

I don't think Willis is going to come in and transform our pass rushing unit into a strength, but I do think this move is good one and I'm excited to see what he can do.

Here is the most depressing stat I've seen for the 2020 49ers to date:

According to Pro Football Reference, here are our top 3 players in QB Pressures:

1. Armstead - 14 (7th in the NFL)

2. Hyder - 13 (8th in the NFL)

3. Bosa - 5 😪🤢🤮😭

• Like 1