Blade Runner 2049

Geek

I just got back from the theater. The new Blade Runner is amazing and well worth your time and money to watch it in the theater. They got absolutely nailed the cyberpunk aesthetic and for those of you that thought the original was too slow, you may be pleasantly surprised to find the pace is a little faster while the plot still retains the thought-provokingness that made the original great.  The musical score is a cherry on top setting the mood perfectly for this film. I'll probably go back to watch it in theaters again before getting it on Blu-Ray. What are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

My buddy saw it and said it was boring and Jared Leto was trash.. Dunno.. I think Jared Gosling is man candy and i need to see it.

Some people just gonna hate Leto. He isn't even on screen for more than 6 or 7 minutes and when he was on screen, he was fine.

Loved it. Had a longer running time but I didn't even notice I wasn't bored at any point throughout and that's key for any movie going over 2 1/2 hours. I loved the original but it was a little slow at times and  this movie was made with the thought that maybe 70% who are going to see this movie didn't bother seeing the first in 1982 and just wanted to see a cool action movie starring Ryan Gosling. I'd urge people to see the original but you don't necessarily need to to enjoy this. 

On 10/6/2017 at 4:19 PM, Geek said:

Some people just gonna hate Leto. He isn't even on screen for more than 6 or 7 minutes and when he was on screen, he was fine.

He wasn't exactly asked to be Daniel Planview. He was good for the role. But the role was just to have the big guy in there. No to be explored by the actor.

And I saw it on Friday. It was damn good. I would say step below IT. But better then GOTG2. 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, Geek said:

Just make sure to get yourself popcorn, a drink, and use the bathroom before the movie starts. Its almost 3 hours long. 

Shouldn't you do that before every movie regardless of the movie's run time?

Archived