Sign in to follow this  
Just Want A Title

2020 Trade Deadline - What Would You Do?

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

I would sell:

WR Marvin Jones/ WR Danny Amendola/ RB Adrian Peterson/ OG Joe Dahl/ DE Romeo Okwara/ LB Jarrad Davis are who I'd be shopping. Nothing serious for any of them mid to low round picks. Stash up the draft capital and maybe hit a gem or two late rounds. 

Ownership needs to get a Kenny Golladay deal done, like now, or you might as well just trade him too even though I don't want to at all. 

Can't say I'd be a buyer, if they make a deal that's extremely cheap like conditional picks, or a player swap, I could understand that I guess but imo it doesn't matter much. Outside of like... Julio Jones, which would cost big, there isn't a deal to be made I see that'll swing the pendulum in our favor in a big way. 

What do you think Julio go for if hes traded??  D hop(whatever you say about b.o.b.) went for a 2 and new contract.. Cooks went for a 2. i would say if we trade for him offer a 2nd n something. if a team like KC/Pitt/Ravens(playoff team) i could see them offering there 1st for him.

i personally would call Houston and ask for Cooks/ Fuller if we go and make a move for a WR

28 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

What do you think Julio go for if hes traded??  D hop(whatever you say about b.o.b.) went for a 2 and new contract.. Cooks went for a 2. i would say if we trade for him offer a 2nd n something. if a team like KC/Pitt/Ravens(playoff team) i could see them offering there 1st for him.

i personally would call Houston and ask for Cooks/ Fuller if we go and make a move for a WR

I think Julio Jones cost any team at least a 2nd round pick. An Jones is top 5 at the position, arguable the best/most talented. IDK, the other trades with Cooks/Fuller don't move the needle for me cause they just aren't the talent Julio Jones is. Jones is also 31. So maybe 1 or 2 more really good years... but that kind of correlates with Stafford too? So, yeah like I said it's not that I would do it, but if I'm trying to win, like right now and the next couple years, yeah I go for this move cause it's there and it makes one part of my team really dynamic. Its why I'm worried GB is going to make the move. 

For the record though, no I wouldn't do a trade for him. I'd sell. SELL. SELL. The rebuild isn't here but it's knocking on my front door, you know? But If I'm serious about winning this year it's the move I make. 

Edited by SimbaWho

14 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Unless Julio does something about his contract as it is, there's no way that the Falcons can trade him this season. Next year is a possibility although they'd still be eating $23M, are starting off the year - $27M in cap room and have a lot of difficult contracts to move off of in a rebuild. 

For all of the (justifiable) flack that Quinn gets, he does a very good job at structuring contracts. When he adds a piece and they perform well, they're generally underpaid year 1 (Jesse James aside). When he does make a mistake, he is able to move off without a detrimental effect to our salary cap. The Falcons current situation feels like a GM that was going all out to push this team over the top and win a SB and the bottom has fallen out. 

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Unless Julio does something about his contract as it is, there's no way that the Falcons can trade him this season. Next year is a possibility although they'd still be eating $23M, are starting off the year - $27M in cap room and have a lot of difficult contracts to move off of in a rebuild. 

For all of the (justifiable) flack that Quinn gets, he does a very good job at structuring contracts. When he adds a piece and they perform well, they're generally underpaid year 1 (Jesse James aside). When he does make a mistake, he is able to move off without a detrimental effect to our salary cap. The Falcons current situation feels like a GM that was going all out to push this team over the top and win a SB and the bottom has fallen out. 

You are right, but they've got three guys they can release/trade that'll free up alot of caproom. DL Allen Bailey, S Ricardo Allen, and G James Carpenter. Around 15 million. They are though, essentially in a two year rebuild with the contracts they've thrown around recently and the dead money those players carry. 

I think the biggest question for them... is, will they get more later(next year) by waiting to trade Jones. IDK, tough answer really, really tough when they don't have a GM/HC right now. 

Edited by SimbaWho

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

You are right, but they've got three guys they can release/trade that'll free up alot of caproom. DL Allen Bailey, S Ricardo Allen, and G James Carpenter

I think the biggest question for them... is, will they get more later(next year) by waiting to trade Jones. IDK, tough answer really, really tough when they don't have a GM/HC right now. 

If you trade/release all three of those guys, instead of being - $27M they're - $16M next year. If they trade Julio this year, they're - $10M in cap space in 2020. So they'd have to not only lose Julio but then also cut/restructure other contracts just to get back to $0 in cap space. 

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If you trade/release all three of those guys, instead of being - $27M they're - $16M next year. If they trade Julio this year, they're - $10M in cap space in 2020. So they'd have to not only lose Julio but then also cut/restructure other contracts just to get back to $0 in cap space. 

Well I don't think that's right because the salaries of those three specifically are more than the dead money they'd be owed so the cap for them would have to increase. 

* Edit, nvm you mean for THIS season on Julio. Got it, and yes, they would have to do that but they're capable... If they had a GM. I mean Gurley/Neal are prolly easy releases/trades prior too, right now if you are dead set on moving from Julio in ATL. 

Edited by SimbaWho

5 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Well I don't think that's right because the salaries of those three specifically are more than the dead money they'd be owed so the cap for them would have to increase. 

* Edit, nvm you mean for THIS season on Julio. Got it, and yes, they would have to do that but they're capable... If they had a GM. 

I just use Overthecap.com's calculator. 

DL Allen Bailey - Cap Hit (2020): $4.362 ($4.75 Dead Cap/- $387,500 New Cap)

S Ricardo Allen - Cap Hit (2020): $7.375 ($4.25 Dead Cap/$3.125 New Cap)

G James Carpenter - Cap Hit (2020): $5.13 ($6.375 Dead Cap/ -$1.244 New Cap)

Starting 2020 Cap: $2,031,624 + Cuts = $3,524,332

Starting 2021 Cap: - $27, 285, 920 + Cuts = -$6, 327, 587

They'll gain minimal cap space this year dropping those three guys and still be in the hole next year. 

JJ Watt

31 years old and has 1 more year on his contract ($17.5M). PFF score of 77.0. 

I don't expect that he would be willing to come here, so maybe this is a moot point. However, would you be able to get on board for a mid-round pick (3rd - 4th). 

If I want to win now, and make a trade (I don't, but for the sake of argument), I'm finding a 30 year old DT who has a knack for clogging the middle and stopping the run.  This defense just needs to be serviceable.  That would more than likely get this team into the playoffs as the offense is good enough. They still have lb issues, they still have issues pressuring the qb. Getting a DT will help mask this. If I want to keep my job, I'm grabbing some IDL in the first 3 rounds in next years draft.

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Lol I would love an example of all the good signings he’s made,  you can’t be serious.  Who is underpaid on this roster exactly? Or even was in year 1?  Everyone he’s signed has been overpaid.  Flowers, Collins and Big V are 3 examples of terrible contracts. Jesse James is not an outlier it’s actually not as bad as some of the others.  The Lions aren’t in descent cap shape because of BQs shrewdness it’s because they don’t have many good players.

Atlanta got a 2nd for Sanu last year and you better believe when BOB traded Hopkins he fully expected to get the old David Johnson, him being smarter than everyone at all.  I wonder how people would feel about sending Golladay to the Packers if they were the only team to offer a 1st?

Edited by BigC421/

4 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Lol I would love an example of all the good signings he’s made,  you can’t be serious.  Who is underpaid on this roster exactly? Or even was in year 1?  Everyone he’s signed has been overpaid.  Flowers, Collins and Big V are 3 examples of terrible contracts. Jesse James is not an outlier it’s actually not as bad as some of the others.  The Lions aren’t in descent cap shape because of BQs shrewdness it’s because they don’t have many good players.

You mean Trey Flowers, the #1 FA target at the time who is the 5th rated overall Edge player by PFF to date? He's being paid as a Top 5 DE (#3 on 2020 cap hit) but he's also playing like it. 

Collins - #10 LB overall according to PFF while having the #33 overall Cap Hit in 2020. 

James is the outlier although I would say a part of that was a) optimism; b) dire need at the position and c) lack of available guys in FA. 

Vaitai is improving but it seems like he's more locked in at RG than at RT. 

In terms of signings: Marvin Jones (after CJ left), Danny Amendola (has been a very reliable #3 WR), Adrian Peterson (our #1 RB for the last 6 weeks) in addition to Flowers and Collins above. Even if the player doesn't work out the majority of these contracts are not ones that we can't get out of without a major hit. 

5 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I would trade Patricia straight up for Jones.  May even throw in BQ.

I would trade them for a small rock. I would even throw in my favourite marble.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

You mean Trey Flowers, the #1 FA target at the time who is the 5th rated overall Edge player by PFF to date? He's being paid as a Top 5 DE (#3 on 2020 cap hit) but he's also playing like it. 

Collins - #10 LB overall according to PFF while having the #33 overall Cap Hit in 2020. 

James is the outlier although I would say a part of that was a) optimism; b) dire need at the position and c) lack of available guys in FA. 

In terms of signings: Marvin Jones (after CJ left), Danny Amendola (has been a very reliable #3 WR), Adrian Peterson (our #1 RB for the last 6 weeks) in addition to Flowers and Collins above. Even if the player doesn't work out the majority of these contracts are not ones that we can't get out of without a major hit. 

Ok well first off where pff has anyone ranked is completely irrelevant, they put in work that for sure but they haven’t a clue what there actually doing.  Flowers is far from a top 5 edge player.  I don’t really care how often u slightly get the better of a 1 on 1 matchup. If it’s a day late and a dollar short in regards to even creating pressure let alone making a play.  Amendolla is not a good contract or signing it just IS , not terrible but not much gained either.  He’s not overly cheap either.  Collins is not good, pff is wrong.  More importantly with Flowers is that he out bid himself. Save me the you don’t know how teams value him.  No one in the league was offering him more than 15 tops.  Same goes for Collins....3 years 30 mil? Who else was giving this guy a deal for more than a year or 2 at 4-6 ?  

For those who can’t follow along my opinion of Bob Quinn is he’s terrible.  He’s FA signings have been trash.  He’s drafts have been trash.  Passing on Tua for a cb , Hockenson at 7, Davis in the 1st, Teez,  Tavia and 2 rb’s in the second.  He’s used a 1st, 2nd and a 10mil a year contract on 3 linebackers and the unit is amongst the leagues worst.  No real hits in latter rounds outside Golladay and that was the 3rd. Decker and Ragnow were solid later 1st rd picks but they pretty much met there draft spot without much else

Edited by BigC421/
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

PFF’s grades don’t pass the eyeball test. Flowers simply isn’t the number 3 DE in the league and Collins as a top 10 LB is a joke.

According to PFF we also have the best run blocking oline. 

I’m straying off topic but Peterson being our number 1 back speaks more to Quinn’s ineffective drafting than a reasonable contract.

it would be nice to have tate back(dont they make a for a WR/Fulgham is looking good for the eagles)  i wouldnt mind us making a move for either de/d-line but prob wont happen