2020 Trade Deadline - What Would You Do?

Just Want A Title

14 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

how about dj chalk from the Jags. hes under contract next yr. heard the jags are open to moving him and with us having next to nothing (til golladay gets signed) in the wr department  next year. if he costs us a 5 this draft and a 4 next. or something like that

I'd be open to a move like that. Chark is a good, young WR and I really don't have confidence in this WR corp if Golladay is banged up long term (couple of weeks, rest of season). We also have a big need at the position next year so this would provide some security. WR isn't our biggest need right now but it is something that could bite us. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Omg no please do not trade away all of the draft picks to go all in on the final extended wild card spot.  Only the Lions

im not saying trade away all draft picks for players but would you rather have a proven-ish guy under contract for a 5th rd pick next or waste a few picks on wr's in the draft since we have like no wr's under contract next yr. Thats if the Jags even want to move him i just saw something saying he wants out... if we would have kept Fulgham it may have been a moot point anyway.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It's amazing... you've wanted Quinn and Patricia fired... yet they're still here. I wonder what happened.

What's that? You mean the Fords don't listen to you and ask for your input? Because they don't care what you think?! 

Sounds about right.

They don’t care what you think either.

41 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

im not saying trade away all draft picks for players but would you rather have a proven-ish guy under contract for a 5th rd pick next or waste a few picks on wr's in the draft since we have like no wr's under contract next yr. Thats if the Jags even want to move him i just saw something saying he wants out... if we would have kept Fulgham it may have been a moot point anyway.

I'm not suggesting that we should trade every pick below a 3rd but when you can buy young, talented players with proven track records under contract on the cheap it's worth looking at. Especially if they can help you this year and next.

The draft is a crapshoot and you're likely not going to wind up with a player of that caliber in the 5th round. 

47 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

You're right. I don't pretend that they do or chastise people for having a difference of opinion. 

At the end of the day, none of this matters. 

This is a Football discussion board. It might be a good idea to be prepared for people chastising (I use your term very loosely here) football opinions here. 

I haven't seen anyone pretend to have the Ford's ear regarding the Lions, which made your posts talking about if the Fords listened to me or not strange. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Starless said:

Stephon Gilmore for a 1st and Marvin Jones? 

For the kind of money that Gilmore would cost in cap hit ($17M), they're not going to get a 1st for him IMO. However, let's say it's a 2nd +. Gilmore is 29 years old. Unless the NFC North was like the NFC East, this is only the kind of move you make if you're the Lions and feel you have a real shot at a) getting into the playoffs and b) being able to get deep into the playoffs. 

Trading for Griffen is a really low risk move that could pay off like the Snacks Harrison trade. Trading for Gilmore is more of a "true contender taking a risk to push over the top" type of move. 

Trading for someone like William Jackson would make a lot more sense if we did want to add someone else in the secondary. 

• Like 1