2020 Trade Deadline - What Would You Do?

Just Want A Title

Just now, flyguy1609 said:

hyopthetically we entertain offers to move golladay. what do you think we could get for him? 2nd?? Golden Tate went for a 3rd. Kenny is younger.. i would rather keep him and have him here for the long haul but just wonder what you think we could get.

I think you're getting a late 1st although you could see a 2nd + (maybe including another player) IF the team had any interest in actually trading him. If we're sitting here at 2-4 or 1-5, it's probably more realistic that the team could look to move him. There's zero chance the Lions move him this year. It's incredible how much of a mess the NFCE is in that the Giants are currently in the #2 overall spot and yet are kicking the tires on making moves to try and win the division. Mind blowing. 

I feel like Marvin could legitimately be moved for a 4th or 5th. It's not a move that I would make if you're trying to win games there's opportunity in the division. Minnesota has imploded and Chicago might be back on the Trubisky bandwagon. 

Draft capital is nice however draft capital doesn’t win football games. In my opinion the receiver core is an area of need going forward and it would only make sense to trade players that don’t fit future plans. 

If I’m remembering correct they have no one signed for next year. Trading Golladay just doesn’t make any sense unless they don’t believe they can get him signed. 

• Like 3

Make no mistake about it I want Quinn and Patricia fired regardless 

But I almost wonder at this point if Bob Quinn’s actual best hope/chance of being retained this offseason is to have a complete fire sale at the deadline and throw Patricia under bus.  Make the argument to ownership that you’ve done a master job setting this team up for the future and would love to see it threw. Admit you made a mistake on Patricia because he’s a friend and your going outside the Patriot family ( Bienemy/Brady)  this time.

I’m not saying they should or would work but it’s at least a punchers chance. If they just see things threw they’re all toast.  I’m just trying to give my self some sense of hope they could make some big moves 

Edited by BigC421/
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Make no mistake about it I want Quinn and Patricia fired regardless 

But I almost wonder at this point if Bob Quinn’s actual best hope/chance of being retained this offseason is to have a complete fire sale at the deadline and throw Patricia under bus.  Make the argument to ownership that you’ve done a master job setting this team up for the future and would love to see it threw. Admit you made a mistake on Patricia because he’s a friend and your going outside the Patriot family ( Bienemy/Brady)  this time.

I’m not saying they should or would work but it’s at least a punchers chance. If they just see things threw they’re all toast.  I’m just trying to give my self some sense of hope they could make some big moves 

This is exactly what I think is going to happen in terms of ditching Patricia. I think BQ gets another shot at with a new HC.
BQ can state, I've hit on my mid round picks. My 1st round picks have mostly been solid except for when I was drafting for a system I don't prefer.  We had a clash of personalities that led me to get rid of some assets. I've corrected the salary cap issues.
It doesn't sound half bad when laying it out like this and with the Ford's loyalty to people, I think it could work for BQ.
Now I don't want this, but I do think this is how it is going to play out. I will be absolutely shocked if both Patricia and BQ are fired at seasons end.