Bills Destroy Jets: Take 2 GDT 10/25

bigbadbuff

Josh Allen is currently on pace for 50 total touchdowns. 

I expect 5 from him on Sunday to top that pace.

We need to go and blow the Jets out of the water. Win by 21+ and get the confidence back before facing New England and then Seattle.

Obviously this is going to be a win, just a matter of how much. 

Bills are currently 13.5 point favorites, and i think they cover. 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Off topic but why the heck did we release Quinton Spain? 

No one truly knows, but the speculation is he wanted out after losing playing time. Tough pill to swallow. Our O-line has been pretty bad the past two weeks.

Next four games are Jets, Pats, Seahawks, and Cardinals. 3-1 should be the goal. 2-2 is acceptable. Anything less is concerning. 

53 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

No one truly knows, but the speculation is he wanted out after losing playing time. Tough pill to swallow. Our O-line has been pretty bad the past two weeks.

Next four games are Jets, Pats, Seahawks, and Cardinals. 3-1 should be the goal. 2-2 is acceptable. Anything less is concerning. 

4-0

Sam Darnold is expected back as he practiced yesterday and is practicing today. Also back in practice is Becton their Tackle and Mims. They may have the best offense they can put together since the season began. Bills just need to go in and play, start out strong whether it is an offensive drive for a td or a quick 3 and out for the defense. The bills have already proven to beat inferior teams yet proven to beat on a team that is a contender. I am hoping they do not struggle against the jets but the focus is going to be on the Pats and Seattle games for me. 

Spain clearly wanted out as he lost the starting gig and rather then prove his coaches wrong he just cried to be let go rather then fight to be on the team and win back the job. I just dont get why Beane would cave so quickly but it is what it is and hopefully they can move past this without any oline issues moving forward

Edited by soflbillsfan

14 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Anyone else feel we dropped the ball on Ngakoue? Trent Murphy benched, Hughes losing a step and nothing much from Epenesa is concerning

Everyday! LOL. I think the quantity over quality is just not working. To try and replicate a top pass rusher or top dline is to get as much rotations in to keep players fresh just isnt what they expected. Keeping murphy was a bad idea and as I mentioned during draft time I am not a fan of the epenesa pick as he looked slow and stiff but that was then and this is now. We need to make a play for someone along the dline. I am a big fan of Mcd and Beane so dont get me wrong about questioning some of these moves because they do know how things work and have changed this organization around but I feel like the bills d has always been about containing and counting on the dbs. I dont know if it is the lack of talent or the play calling but the lack of getting to the qb is worrisome and has been for years. I rarely see any blitzes and the lack of sacks is what keeps opposing offenses on the field. I know KC gets credit for being a high power offense but for the dline to get bullied the way they did by not only 1 but 3 back up olineman is really worrisome and that to me is what is going to hinder the bills from being able to contend against an above average team. They will gash us all year cause our dlineman are mediocre at best. 

You brought Butler in to be your big DT why is he only playing a max of 42% of snaps (less in the first 5 games), if he is good against the run then he should be playing alot more to stuff the line. Oliver is consistently getting double teamed every game so why isnt hughes taking advantage and scooping up several sacks by winning the 1 on 1s? 

What was McD's thought process on bringing Klein in, was he meant to be starter if so why didn't they add competition for him rather then add special team LBs? 

Sorry for my rant just think the Bills dropped the ball on this defense this year, since it was so good last year and could have been a bit the same had they stuck with guys like Shaq and Jordan instead of pay for Butler, Jefferson, Addison, and kept Murphy. At the time I was good with both guys leaving but clearly that was a mistake as this defense has regressed drastically and now the only way to stay in it is by counting on the offense which is something we havent done since 2011.

My biggest worry about this game is not losing. It’s Greg Williams being employed knowing he is on his way out.

We saw enough dirty or late hits last time, what might we see tomorrow? Allen needs to get the ball out of his hands early. Would be great if we had some semblance of a running game too.