Bills Destroy Jets: Take 2 GDT 10/25

bigbadbuff

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Wasnt to heald. Zero helmet contact. That was shoulder on shoulder.  Thats exactly what u want... Hyde did that perfectly he turned his body to avoid head collision. Only reasom a flag was thrown was cause it looked bad and looked like a head injury. But if anyone is to blame there it was Darnold. He should never had thrown that. Honestly what is Micah supposed to do... let him catch it. The reciever dropped his head level to right before hit.

It wasn't zero helmet contact though. He hits the bottom of the facemask after hitting his chest first. You're right, the optics of the hit live will always lead to a flag. Which is why it should be reviewable. 

I thought the DL played really well in the second half today. They often collapsed the pocket and made it difficult for Darnold to step up. Hughes at LDE seems to be working best.

Offense moved the ball so well at times but could never finish. I think today and last week should hault the talk of moving on from John Brown for Davis. Zack Moss needs more touches.

1 hour ago, Maxmw22 said:

I think we started to send extra blitzers more. It works against a bad line and a QB who holds the ball too long. I am still tentative that we can't generate a rush with the front four. Right now though, I'll take the win. At the beginning of the year, looking at the schedule, we won (and lost) the games I expected us to. I can't be too disappointed.

My question is, why arent we blitzing more?

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

I swear i read somewhere last week we were top 5, maybe even top 3 in the league at blitzing 

I feel like I heard the same thing. The issue, at least against the Titans was the blitz was never getting home.

Against Cam I could see more blitzing again but we just got to make sure we tackle and finish. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

I feel like I heard the same thing. The issue, at least against the Titans was the blitz was never getting home.

Against Cam I could see more blitzing again but we just got to make sure we tackle and finish. 

Sunday is a must win in the sense that a loss would be completely and utterly demoralizing. Is cam even going to be the QB we face though?

I really hope we bring in a DT before the trade deadline. I know there were rumors during the draft about Beane wanting to move up and get Quinnen Williams, I also know it doesnt happen very often to trade in division but after yesterday I think Beane should go in and give them a 2nd round pick if thats what it takes to get him. I think with him and Oliver that DT duo could be nasty. 

The defense seem to have stepped up in the 2nd half and they seemed to have blitzed more then they did in the 2nd half. Offense needs to finish, I know the penalty for Gabriel Davis on his td was a shot in the foot, then Kroft losing his balance could have resulted in 2 td passes yesterday. This needs to be cleaned up. Also Daboll has to start coming up with different plays for the redzone as the Jets had the wr blanketed once they got to that point. Need to run on the outside with either a qb keep, jet sweep, or a roll out pass as they just got walled on the inside preventing them from scoring or getting the first inside the 10 yard line. 

When will Levi be activated, any one know how much longer he will be out as it should be 3 weeks already as he was on IR for Tenn, KC, and Jets. Need him back as he is clearly a better CB2 then people like to give him credit for. 

I truly hope Beane is active this week as there are only 8 days before the deadline and we need to get some help on the dline and possibly LB/CB spot too.

13 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Lol if we got Williams I’d ****

would you be mad giving up a 1st for the guy if that is what it took? I mean he will have 3 years left on his deal and they wont be landing sure talent like that with the 20's pick if they win the division. I wouldnt be mad at the move if this was offered I just dont know if beane would be willing to go that high and I do not know if douglas would take this but he also has no ties to any players outside of the 2020 draft as Mac was there for Williams pick in 2019. 

4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

would you be mad giving up a 1st for the guy if that is what it took? I mean he will have 3 years left on his deal and they wont be landing sure talent like that with the 20's pick if they win the division. I wouldnt be mad at the move if this was offered I just dont know if beane would be willing to go that high and I do not know if douglas would take this but he also has no ties to any players outside of the 2020 draft as Mac was there for Williams pick in 2019. 

I’d give up a 1 in a heart beat for Q.