Ravens trade for Yannick Ngakoue

SalvadorsDeli

11 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

5 sacks in 6 games this year... 👀

I wonder if they dump Judon in a trade now or if the coming 0-team blocks are what he needs to unlock his production.

Doubtful IMO. this is a move to take this team to next level. Not swap parts. 

Wow. I love this move and loving EDC. Anyone know how much of his salary hits our cap?

Edit: according to espn Vikings are on the hook for $6.8m of his $12m contract. I guess we owe $5.2m for this year?

Edited by jpeter15

Judon has been our worst edge this season and has played the most snaps. I’m sure this trade for Yannick is to make this defense better, but we all know Yannick is going to see plenty of snaps.

I just hope this trade doesn’t mean that we bury Bowser down the depth chart and continue to allow Judon to be as unproductive as he is. I’d rather we trade Judon in a move that allows us to attack a WR threat. I don’t think this team becomes any worse with Bowser/Ferguson sharing some of Judon’s relinquished snaps. Trading Judon would also open up cash to sign Yannick long term, which when we trade for such a threat is typically the long term goal.

Either way, we finally have an edge threat that can consistently win off the edges in 1v1. That’s all that really matters here.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

5 sacks in 6 games this year... 👀

I wonder if they dump Judon in a trade now or if the coming 0-team blocks are what he needs to unlock his production.

Unless there's a corresponding big ticket incoming trade to be made in conjunction with moving Judon (like trade for Julio Jones level of big), can't see why we'd move him. 

From a team chemistry standpoint there's some potential for this to sit the wrong way with Judon given this is probably the final nail in the coffin in terms of any chance of him getting a long term deal with us. But on some level you'd hope he already sort of knew that, and hopefully he just sees this as freeing him up to rack up big time sack numbers over the rest of the season and land himself a bigger payday on the open market next spring.