Ravens trade for Yannick Ngakoue

SalvadorsDeli

11 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

The difference being that both Suggs and Doom could win 1on1

Yeah on pure talent of just the two edge rushers they're superior but this is a better situation overall. Wink instead of Pees makes a big difference. Then on top of that there was no one on the defensive line close to the caliber of Campbell opening things up for them, nor a secondary in the same universe of caliber as what we currently have (remember when we thought Rashaan Melvin was the savior...lol). Pass rushers are gonna eat. 

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939464/2020-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

How do we reconcile how much people dislike him on this board with how good he is performing based on that stat? 

PRWR, at least at a team wide level, appears to be highly correlated with blitz rate.  Whether that correlation holds at an individual level idk, but Judon has 2 sacks for the season and one them was unblocked

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

So I assume they're going to play Yannick at OLB since he's too small to play DE in a 3-4 front, right?

We play so little 3-4 base any more that that doesn't matter imo.  Like most teams in the NFL now, the effective base defense is nickel (usually a 4-2-5)

• Like 1

A reminder that the Ravens missed out on picking Yannick Ngakoue at #70 in the 2016 draft and selected Bronson Kaufusi at #71.

Now, after he's proved himself as an ascending Top 15 EDGE talent. We trade a 3rd Round Pick to get him that will probably be in the 90s.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I just hope this trade doesn’t mean that we bury Bowser down the depth chart

I think it does, unfortunately. Stronger chance we resign him now though. 

The team isn't going to pay Judon 17 Mill to ride the bench on passing downs.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

I think it does, unfortunately. Stronger chance we resign him now though. 

The team isn't going to pay Judon 17 Mill to ride the bench on passing downs.

Yeah. It’s the most likely occurrence. Though I’m not sure I agree about resigning Bowser. He’s from Texas and might want to be a part of the Cowboys or Texans teams... and they both could certainly use all the help they can get.

Not that I would write us out of the equation obviously and clearly I’d want him back, but especially if the team reaches its ultimate goal... guy might want to live out a childhood dream or something by playing for the Cowboys.

But yeah with as important edge rushers are, it’s probably unlikely that we give up our depth just so young ascending talents don’t get further buried.

At least Ferguson can probably see some IDL type snaps similar to Zadarius with inside outside flexibility as a rusher. Bowser on the other hand is definitely more of a pure OLB option. So yeah, with Yannick traded for, Bowser is likely getting the short end of the stick.

Hopefully this just means Bowser can be used on both sides and subs in for both Yannick and Judon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

A reminder that the Ravens missed out on picking Yannick Ngakoue at #70 in the 2016 draft and selected Bronson Kaufusi at #71.

Now, after he's proved himself as an ascending Top 15 EDGE talent. We trade a 3rd Round Pick to get him that will probably be in the 90s.

Best part? 

If Judon plays out this year as a Raven and leaves via FA and gets a big deal like we anticipate. We likely get 3rd round comp for him. 

Chess, not checkers.. 😂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Best part? 

If Judon plays out this year as a Raven and leaves via FA and gets a big deal like we anticipate. We likely get 3rd round comp for him. 

Chess, not checkers.. 😂

Whelp we just have to hope playing alongside Yannick does more for him than playing with Campbell. Because as it stands with his current play we’ll have to hope for a 4th at best... unless there’s little UFA talent expected to hit the market (really not sure, haven’t paid attention).

• Like 1