Ravens trade for Yannick Ngakoue

SalvadorsDeli

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just hope we actually LET HIM use the speed rush. My goodness I love that ability from him.

Dwight Freeney said something similar in an interview on Pat McAfee's show (was more about whether a pass rusher can be successful in a new system comes down partly to whether they are allowed to do what they do, even if it means they lose contain sometimes)

OK, I'm hyped.

Admittedly, I have been on the side of acquiring Jadeveon Clowney this past offseason and then next offseason, and if the reports are to be believed the Ravens tried. His season seems to be playing out like his critics would have predicted, the production is virtually non-existent. Not an issue with Ngakoue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

OK, I'm hyped.

Admittedly, I have been on the side of acquiring Jadeveon Clowney this past offseason and then next offseason, and if the reports are to be believed the Ravens tried. His season seems to be playing out like his critics would have predicted, the production is virtually non-existent. Not an issue with Ngakoue.

A few naysayers on Twitter claiming YN won’t be that great for the Ravens because  a lot of his production this year is coverage sacks. Sounds good for the Ravens IMHO. 

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

A few naysayers on Twitter claiming YN won’t be that great for the Ravens because  a lot of his production this year is coverage sacks. Sounds good for the Ravens IMHO. 

My little brother said he saw some Tik Tok to the same effect, implying Yannick isn't good and we aren't 'big winners' with this move.

lol No Ravens fan thinks we just acquired prime Bruce Smith.

Ngakoue is coming off a down year, but in 2017/2018 he had a Top 11 & Top 5 pressure rate. Even if he's not back at that peak level yet, he's still a big upgrade over what we do have. And we have an environment on defense that will replicate the past situations where he found his greatest success- including playing alongside his former and now current teammate Calais Campbell.

I'll take the young ascending athletic pass rusher with undeniable production and an already strong toolbox- any day. It's a great fit on every level. 

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

OK, I'm hyped.

I so did not want Clowney. Everything I read from Texans fans and Seahawks fans wasn’t good. What I saw with my own eyes is my man disappeared in a lot of games. Hype machine.