Ravens trade for Yannick Ngakoue

SalvadorsDeli

I also think Yannick could be a great guy to get around Bowser long term. As a rusher, Ngakoue is who Bowser should emulate. They're very similar already in terms of approach (Inside counters, rip, long arm, non stop motor), just obviously much different in terms of impact/refinement.

They're the same age(25), and could grow really well together.

This is Bowser earlier in the season against former 1st Round Tackle Jonah Williams. It's one of his best career rushes and represents how impactful he can be. Imagine getting this consistently opposite another fireball in Ngakoue....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

An 8 minute Baldy hype video on Ngakoue. Honestly, what else could you want out of life?...

This is excellent. One thing I love to see is that despite being more of a speed rusher who likes to rush wide, he doesn’t let himself get washed out of the play when his initial rush doesn’t get home. A few really good examples of re-establishing containment after a good first effort by the OT, resulting in a second bite at the proverbial apple. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DreamKid said:

He's entering a whole new world-

I just find it hilarious that a similar breakdown of Matt Judon’s would probably read like:
Outside- 5 (7%)
Inside- 5 (7%)
Bullrush- 5 (7%)
Unblocked- 45 (53%)

But in reality with his propensity to win against TEs perhaps I’m vastly underrating those other numbers. 😆 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

An 8 minute Baldy hype video on Ngakoue. Honestly, what else could you want out of life?...

That euro step move is like the Freeney spin. Just such a lethal move. Can’t wait to see it unveiled against Big Ben, just tell him to go out there and hunt. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So help me jesus if they tell him to just "contain" rush I'm gonna lose my ish.

Now that Darth Pees is gone I don’t expect such nonsense to reign supreme. Wink has his flaws, but I find him very similar to Rex Ryan. Aggressive, sometimes to a fault, but you can win with such aggressiveness. Heck, I think I might like him better because Ryan was known for going prevent defense whenever we were up late in a game and he wouldn’t be nearly as aggressive. Now people are asking Wink to be LESS aggressive late in games. I’ll take that trade.

I don’t worry that we won’t be able to properly utilize an elite talent along the defensive side of the ball like I worry about how we might screw up the inclusion of a talented offensive threat on that side of the ball, especially within our passing attack, with Greg Roman at the helm.

• Like 1

This isn't a good idea, and won't happen. Even if this is the best situation league wide for Ngakoue- he's not going to be happy about another tag situation. He's earned and wants a long term deal. There's no way EDC didn't resign himself to that fact when trading for him. Ngakoue barring some major unforeseen incident is next up for a big deal among our guys. He can't be extended during the season, but best guess is a deal will be agreed upon anyway and signed at first opportunity. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

This isn't a good idea, and won't happen. Even if this is the best situation league wide for Ngakoue- he's not going to be happy about another tag situation. He's earned and wants a long term deal. There's no way EDC didn't resign himself to that fact when trading for him. Ngakoue barring some major unforeseen incident is next up for a big deal among our guys. He can't be extended during the season, but best guess is a deal will be agreed upon anyway and signed at first opportunity. 

Could also be feasibly used on Bowser if he continues to ascend. 

Just now, sp6488 said:

Could also be feasibly used on Bowser if he continues to ascend. 

I don't think we really have to worry about that anymore. Bowser has, as expected, played great within his expanded role this season. We're almost at the halfway point of the season though and now with Ngakoue in house, it's going to be hard for him to accumulate the kind of statistical totals that would price him out of Baltimore's range. 

All logic points to him being the successor to Judon at SAM, and we've certainly done a good job at tanking his potential price tag. So it pretty much just comes down to whether he wants to be here or not. Which isn't a given imo.