Vikings Trade Ngakoue To Baltimore

SemperFeist

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Unless Zimmer turns it around drastically, he's a dead man walking IMO.

I doubt it. Our team has a lot of respect for Zimmer and would rather see him walk on his own terms I think. The same thing happened to Rivera in Carolina. I was shocked when GB let McCarthy go because I figured they would give him the same treatment.

I still think Zimmer stays unless we go 1-15.

Spielman would likely be fired, even though he's been around longer. He's not a bad GM but he just hasn't made the right moves for us going forward. 

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It usually depends on the conditions.  Since the condition I believe to push it to a 3rd round pick was if they won a Super Bowl, that's not going to happen.  If he's a first ballot Pro Bowl selection, that shouldn't be tied to the Vikings.  But since there's no Pro Bowl...

EDIT: Just speculating, since the Ravens traded a '22 5th round pick I think it's pretty safe to say the Vikings' 5th round pick goes to the Jaguars and the Ravens will go to Minnesota.

The NFL will still announce rosters as an accolade for the players this year.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I doubt it. Our team has a lot of respect for Zimmer and would rather see him walk on his own terms I think. The same thing happened to Rivera in Carolina. I was shocked when GB let McCarthy go because I figured they would give him the same treatment.

I still think Zimmer stays unless we go 1-15.

Spielman would likely be fired, even though he's been around longer. He's not a bad GM but he just hasn't made the right moves for us going forward. 

Spielman is gone.

Vikings are about to off load a bunch of players to get ready for a new regime.

Zimmer is gone too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Spielman is gone.

Vikings are about to off load a bunch of players to get ready for a new regime.

Zimmer is gone too. 

That's awesome!  Where did you see the report? I have been anxiously waiting for the day of Spielman's departure.

1 minute ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Hasn’t happened yet but very very soon.

I assume he’s begging for his job right now.

It will be a good day very soon then. I misread your post to mean that it happened and thought it was a very good day today. I thought we would have to wait until after the season to see Spielman let go. It is much better to get going sooner. I am glad to know that it will be very soon. Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

It will be a good day very soon then. I misread your post to mean that it happened and thought it was a very good day today. I thought we would have to wait until after the season to see Spielman let go. It is much better to get going sooner. I am glad to know that it will be very soon. Thanks 

They’re going to trade away high contract players to make room for cutting Kirk Cousins after the season.

Spielman is gone because he’s proven to be incapable of managing the most important position on the field and that’s the QB. The only way I see him staying is if we purposely lose out the rest of the season and get the first pick to take a no brainer like Trevor Lawrence. That pick would eliminate Spielmans lack of decision making at the QB position.

1 minute ago, KeithVikings28 said:

They’re going to trade away high contract players to make room for cutting Kirk Cousins after the season.

Spielman is gone because he’s proven to be incapable of managing the most important position on the field and that’s the QB. The only way I see him staying is if we purposely lose out the rest of the season and get the first pick to take a no brainer like Trevor Lawrence. That pick would eliminate Spielmans lack of decision making at the QB position.

I hope you are right about them cutting Cousins. I hope you are wrong that Spielman would stay if the Vikings lose the rest of the season. If the team needs to win for Spielman to be fired it will be good to see them get a W. Even if Spielman was gifted the QB position I am relatively convinced that he would screw it up by not building a strong line to protect the QB.

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

People are going to be very disappointed that Spielman isn’t getting fired. 

I bet that he will get fired. It is a matter of when, not if.

But yeah, I got excited when I read that he is gone. That led to disappointment when I learned that he isn't actually gone. There will be another day that will be the good day. That is certain.

• Like 1

Just now, Cearbhall said:

I bet that he will get fired. It is a matter of when, not if.

But yeah, I got excited when I read that he is gone. That led to disappointment when I learned that he isn't actually gone. There will be another day that will be the good day. That is certain.

I highly doubt it will be this year.