Trade Deadline 2020: Howie Destroys the Future ™️

Kiltman

12 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Brandon Graham is having a great year - we should absolutely trade him away to Buffalo. 

Didn't consider that. This would be a great time to sell high if we're committed to rebuilding, but I don't think we are. How much would he fetch... using the Ngakoue deal as a baseline I don't know if it's worth it for us, if we lost last night I'd be completely on board.

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

Didn't consider that. This would be a great time to sell high if we're committed to rebuilding, but I don't think we are. How much would he fetch... using the Ngakoue deal as a baseline I don't know if it's worth it for us, if we lost last night I'd be completely on board.

Send him for a 3rd - let Sweat and Barnett finish the year out as the ends. 

I love BG but right now is the perfect time to move on from him and get something of value back. 

Sadly, I agree that we are probably not committed to rebuilding. 

Edited by Scalamania

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I love BG but right now is the perfect time to move on from him and get something of value back. 

I really don't think we get a 3rd except maybe from a Super Bowl contender that's last piece is a pass rusher. Does anyone fit that bill?

5 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Hard pass BG is a lifer. 

Trade Barnett. They aren’t resigning him anyway 

• Like 2

I don't care about the whole lifer thing. The real question is, do you or do you not want to invest into this season at all? Brandon Graham is easier to part ways with this offseason than next due to weird contract structure. Basically if we keep him 1 more year, we're keeping him for 2 years guaranteed. 

Would Barnett actually fetch anything? Is a 5th round pick optimistic?

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't care about the whole lifer thing. The real question is, do you or do you not want to invest into this season at all? Brandon Graham is easier to part ways with this offseason than next due to weird contract structure. Basically if we keep him 1 more year, we're keeping him for 2 years guaranteed. 

Would Barnett actually fetch anything? Is a 5th round pick optimistic?

Can we trade him to ourselves? 
Howie paid a 4th for Genard Avery and a 3rd for Golden Tate so that dummy will buy anything.....

I'm hoping we find a taker for at least one of the bigger contracts we have on our books next year. We have a ton of cap dedicated to the DL next year, and with the receivers and ertz likely gone inthe offseason, finding a taker for one of those guys would give us much needed flexibility.

I could see Barnett being the best option, his option next year was accepted IIRC and he's scheduled to make 10million. Get rid of that and let Sweat, who has outplayed him IMO, get more snaps at 1/4 of the cost