Am I the only one who enjoys games between bad teams more recently?

patriotsheatyan

Well, happened to me too but that's because I'm cheering for an NFC team to land Lawrence. Now I'm scared even of the Jets building a competent team, as unlikely as it is.

So in this game I'm cheering for a Giants loss since I know they can compete with the jets for the #1 pick while the Eagles are too good to really contest Jets' plan. Then on sunday I'll be cheering for the Mavs on a second screen while watching Bills vs. Jets (at least the first half) hopping for a miracle. Than later there's the much anticipated Jaguars vs. Chargers.There i'll be cheering for the Jags... and so on.

7 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Well, happened to me too but that's because I'm cheering for an NFC team to land Lawrence. Now I'm scared even of the Jets building a competent team, as unlikely as it is.

So in this game I'm cheering for a Giants loss since I know they can compete with the jets for the #1 pick while the Eagles are too good to really contest Jets' plan. Then on sunday I'll be cheering for the Mavs on a second screen while watching Bills vs. Jets (at least the first half) hopping for a miracle. Than later there's the much anticipated Jaguars vs. Chargers.There i'll be cheering for the Jags... and so on.

I wouldn't worry about NYJ even with Lawrence. They'll find a way to ruin his career quickly.

27 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it...molded by it. I watched the Titans and Jaguars play on thursday night football for like 5 years in a row

Pshhh...that's nothing... I'm a Jets, Mets, Knicks, Islanders fan that was born in November of 1986..... meaning no 86 world series, no mid 80's islanders joy... but hey, I got Dolan, Freddie coupons, the butt fumble, and a whole lotta losing...

AND to add to it...

I've got the joy of watching the Braves win the division for what 14 straight years... and the patriots for what, almost 20 years...

Edited by drew39k

16 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

When bad teams play on prime time something about it feels relaxing to me. Maybe the lack of media attention, maybe that the game doesn’t matter, maybe that I might not see these teams again in that season.

For some reason I have no more interest in good teams than bad teams this season.

It just amazes me that the NFL continues to give the NFC East all these primetime games knowing they aren't good. Maybe next year this will change but I doubt it. They need to stop looking in to the past (multiple years ago) when creating these games and just look at what is going on now to realize this is not smart. I felt like I was watching a College MAC game. Maybe one day they will require a winning record from the previous year in order to be put on primetime tv. 

14 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

It just amazes me that the NFL continues to give the NFC East all these primetime games knowing they aren't good. Maybe next year this will change but I doubt it. They need to stop looking in to the past (multiple years ago) when creating these games and just look at what is going on now to realize this is not smart. I felt like I was watching a College MAC game. Maybe one day they will require a winning record from the previous year in order to be put on primetime tv. 

It's not about who is good, it's about market size. The NFL is a business.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

It's not about who is good, it's about market size. The NFL is a business.

I am well aware of that but the market of a team that is 4-0 vs 4-0 will get you more ratings then a team that is 1-4 vs 1-5 big market teams. Especially when you have a Presidential Debate going on. For them to constantly put 7+ games a year of NFC East (4-5 are usually against each other) is silly to me yes you can put them on a couple but your talking 9 games this year that involved 3 of 4 teams picking in the top 10 in 2020 draft. Throw 2-3 divisional primetime games and maybe 1 good team game and that should be it. 

only game i truly consider a bad game is when a good team predictably obliterates a bad team and it's over before you even blink

a game between two bad teams will either be evenly matched or hilarious in some way which makes for viewing just as captivating as two great teams going blow for blow tbh

• Like 2