The Race for the NFC East Division & #4 seed.

aceinthehouse

Most are wanting losses & the #1 pick for  the highly desired QB Trevor Lawrence. (Clemson)

Not me...

I want a Playoff spot. I want a Division title. I want a chance for the long overdue, evasive SB Lombardi Trophy.

Here's how the current NFC East stands now.

Dallas= 2-4

Philly= 2-4-1

Wash=1-5

N.Y.=1-6

This Division is up for grabs. I would love for Riverboat Ron, to take it with his 1st season here. No matter what our record says.

• Like 1

Every year it seems were stuck cheering on losses to improve in the draft.

Im sick of it. And Trevor seems like a good kid. Would hate to see him come in and have his career destroyed before it really gets started by the poorest supporting cast in history.

So yea. Lets win some games. Hope for playoffs and save a kids future.

Our team is not good enough to win a playoff game, just like in 2012 & 2015. Since that is the case and since we are rebuilding the best way to have a long term future where we can become and remain a contender for a decade plus is to lose as many games as we can and take Lawrence, Fields or Lance in the top 5 of the NFL draft.

Our future QB that will hopefully help make us a consistent playoff team and hopefully eventually a Super Bowl contender is not on this team. We need to get the QB that can be a franchise QB for us for the next 10-15 years.

Winning the NFC East this year for anyone other than the Cowboys or Eagles - who have their long term franchise QBs already - is fools gold.

3 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Great thread ace! What do you think our record needs to be to get it done? Think Kyle Allen can get hot and get us to 9-7/10-6???

Well, Dallas x2, Giants & philly are all winnable.

Throw in Carolina, Detroit & Cinci as also winnable.

Pittsburgh, Seattle & 49ers are most likely losses. That would give us 8 losses with these 3.

So I think 7 is the magic number.

I think 7, wins the NFC East.

We need 6 of the remaining 10 games & 7 of those, are games this team can win if they play well enough.

Beating Dallas Sunday would be huge, in this helping that happen.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I dunno if I really wanna go down this path, but we WERE winning that game and then a combination of the field monster and other things... 

While true, I don’t think our defense was good enough to keep a lead. I mean we had the same problem in 2015, we had a lead at one point that should’ve been even larger but DJax didn’t get in the endzone & the we couldn’t run it in from the 1, but our D couldn’t hold that lead either.

Story of the decade! We were usually pretty good to even great at times on offense but our D wasn’t good enough all decade.

I hope that changes with the additions we’ve made the last few years to our DL & re-signing Fuller, but we still need a good to elite LB & FS to get there I think.

Edited by turtle28

29 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Well, Dallas x2, Giants & philly are all winnable.

Throw in Carolina, Detroit & Cinci as also winnable.

“Pittsburgh, Seattle & 49ers are most likely losses. “

That would give us 8 losses with these 3.

So I think 7 is the magic number.

I think 7, wins the NFC East.

We need 6 of the remaining 10 games & 7 of those, are games this team can win if they play well enough.

Beating Dallas Sunday would be huge, in this helping that happen.

“Most likely we lose to Pittsburgh, Seattle and San Fan?”

Come on dude, I like optimism, but we need REALISM too. We’re going to get spanked like I do when I go to my S & M club in those 3 games.

You’re assuming I guess that we win all the games we “could?” That never happens, even in a perfect world for the elite teams.

Our ceiling is still 5 wins, most likely we only get 1 more win or 2 more to get to 2-14 or 3-13.

Then, we’ll hopefully select our next franchise QB in April.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

“Most likely we lose to Pittsburgh, Seattle and San Fan?”

Come on dude, I like optimism, but we need REALISM too. We’re going to get spanked like I do when I go to my S & M club in those 3 games.

You’re assuming I guess that we win all the games we “could?” That never happens, even in a perfect world for the elite teams.

Our ceiling is still 5 wins, most likely we only get 1 more win or 2 more to get to 2-14 or 3-13.

Then, we’ll hopefully select our next franchise QB in April.

Let's wait & see what happens vs Dallas.

If we lose, I can easily see us go 2-14 or 3-13 to finish the season.

But if we win...

I can see us making it to 6 wins...doubling our win total from last year.

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. This Division is too close, to do that.

Ron Rivera is also known for his winning streaks, or runs.

Beat Dallas & go into the bye...

Face Lions...that will be the marker game of how our season goes, imo. Win that one & we could make a run for the division. 

The sad reality here is that both those who want them to finish with 1-2 wins and those who want them to finish with 7-8 wins are most likely going to be disappointed. 

I think by far the most likely outcome is that they end up with 3-5 wins. Personally, I would put my money on 4 wins. In other words, a classic Redskins outcome — not good enough to matter, probably not bad enough to get the Golden Ticket.