Week 7 General Discussion

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

I dont get it?

Their draft "experts" to a man eviscerated the Chargers for taking him; most of them were adamant they would have taken Herbert in the 2nd round - and as a result they knocked the Chargers draft grade even further for taking him in the Top 10.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Their draft "experts" to a man eviscerated the Chargers for taking him; most of them were adamant they would have taken Herbert in the 2nd round - and as a result they knocked the Chargers draft grade even further for taking him in the Top 10.

I didn't realize that. PFF is public enemy #1.

Then again 90% of the people here didnt believe in Herbert. Very few nationally in fact. 

Edited by Bearerofnews
7 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Keenan Allen reminds me of Reggie Wayne. Always highly productive, incredibly skilled, great route runner and terrific hands. But doesn’t get the recognition of a top WR because he’s no diva and doesn’t have the highlight reel speed.

Reggie Wayne is hall of game good and yet I don’t disagree with the comparison.

6 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Keenan Allen reminds me of Reggie Wayne. Always highly productive, incredibly skilled, great route runner and terrific hands. But doesn’t get the recognition of a top WR because he’s no diva and doesn’t have the highlight reel speed.

I don't think it's not being a diva, I think it's because his production lags just a bit behind the top tier guys. He is probably a bit underrated, but he doesn't belong in the conversation of legit THE best receiver in the league. Is there someone you think gets more recognition than him, that he is better than? Maybe post-injury Odell I guess?

Justin Herbert's first five starts:

311 passing yards, 2 total TD

330 passing yards, 70.4% completion %, 1 TD

290 passing yards, 80% completion %, 3 TD

264 passing yards, 4 TD

347 passing yards, 68 rushing yards, 4 total TD

This boy is a problem... I kinda feel guilty going from Brees to Rivers.. and now Herbert. 

• Like 2
Just now, Bearerofnews said:

I didn't realize that. PFF if public enemy #1.

Then again 90% of the people here didnt believe in Herbert. Very few nationally in fact. 

I think a lot of the people here (I won't say a majority, but I am capable of reading in-depth into the posts that were of any decent length) were victims of holding Herbert up against Tua (while making the assumption - and we'll see if that assumption turns out to be apt or not - that Tua was going to return to 100% of the prospect he was pre-hip-injury).  But you didn't have a ton of people here completely writing off Herbert, so much as just being so fervent that Tua was the superior prospect that they allowed that to tinge their portrayal of Herbert.  I saw a lot of people calling Herbert a Top 15-20 type QB and, more specifically, not getting why he was getting the Top 2 hype he'd been getting the year that he'd opted to return to Oregon for his senior season.  I don't think it's unreasonable for fans - even informed ones - to be off on a prospect by roughly a half-round (15-pick) standard-deviation.  Herbert's athleticism and as a result his blue-chip capability wasn't really in question ,it was whether he'd be able to put it together, which there were reasonable questions to point toward.  And, I'd wager, people likely saw a similar-ish prospect do what they believed (we'll see...but he's shown more signs than not) to be turning the corner, in Josh Allen and likely hedges on the probability that two such prospects doing it so close together wasn't likely (a misnomer, but I can see people wanting to buy into that narrative, silly as it maybe be).

PFF's guy were burying Herbert - while, for some of them, singing the praises of Jordan Love for many of the same flaws they attributed to Herbert.

4 minutes ago, Zappaz said:

Justin Herbert's first five starts:

311 passing yards, 2 total TD

330 passing yards, 70.4% completion %, 1 TD

290 passing yards, 80% completion %, 3 TD

264 passing yards, 4 TD

347 passing yards, 68 rushing yards, 4 total TD

This boy is a problem... I kinda feel guilty going from Brees to Rivers.. and now Herbert. 

We’re Chargers fans. We have nothing to feel guilty about. Soak it in.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Welcome to Larry Fitz's career.  He was never really considered a top WR (but longevity wide, yeah, but even still).  Not to mention the teams and QB's he had...*shudder*.