Week 7 General Discussion

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

He's gone. I can't see a scenario where he's not traded this week.

i don't get it. it's not like he hasn't been through bad seasons, and they just fired the guy who he more or less openly hated. why would he still want to get out?

13 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i don't get it. it's not like he hasn't been through bad seasons, and they just fired the guy who he more or less openly hated. why would he still want to get out?

Because the Texans are going nowhere fast and he only has 2-3 years left in his career. He could go down with the ship like Joe Thomas or go chase a title for his final few years.

Also I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that if Gurley had taken a knee at the 1, then they would have missed the field goal and everyone would be piling on about what a stupid decision that was as well. It is simply in Atlanta's destiny to lose games regardless of how wild and wacky the road there is.

18 minutes ago, rich homie said:

Also I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that if Gurley had taken a knee at the 1, then they would have missed the field goal and everyone would be piling on about what a stupid decision that was as well. It is simply in Atlanta's destiny to lose games regardless of how wild and wacky the road there is.

I watched that play and it just looks like Gurley was completely shocked that they just let him go, then couldn't stop his momentum from scoring. It sucks, but at the same time their defense had one job and just gave up chunk after chunk after chunk.

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

How has Mitchell been for the Browns?   He was actually a respectable CB,  was disappointed Cleveland got him for basically nothing.

He’s good when he’s in the slot. 

He can’t be a #2 CB though. Especially with how terrible Andrew Sendejo is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

I think he knows his time is really short. He's got - maybe a season or two in him left? I know he's interested in winning a SB sometime in that small window.

His brothers have a solid shot, and his hometown looks like a possible contender - might as well push all in on one of those two and see what shakes out before riding off into the sunset.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think he knows his time is really short. He's got - maybe a season or two in him left? I know he's interested in winning a SB sometime in that small window.

His brothers have a solid shot, and his hometown looks like a possible contender - might as well push all in on one of those two and see what shakes out before riding off into the sunset.

Chiefs could use some DL help tbh

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I just saw your contracts.

You’re in literal hell if not for Deshaun Watson.

There are a few cuts that can be had - David Johnson, Brandin Cooks, Bernardrick McKinney - those three would open up close to $25mm alone. Add in Mercilius and you're looking at $30mm. 

It's not enviable, I get that. But we'll probably look completely different between now and the start of next season, and different from THAT by the start of the 2022 season.