• 3+ turnovers
    • 3+ TDs
  2. 2. Cam Newton through the air -

• eclipses 300 passing yards
    • 200-250 passing yards
    • 100-200 passing yards
    • 50-100 passing yards
    • less than 50 passing yards
  3. 3. Practice? We talking about practice??

• TO ratio +1-2
    • TO ratio -1-2
    • TO ratio +3+
    • TO ratio -3+
    • TO ratio dead even

Was having a chat on the SF forum. They seem to have a problem stopping QBs who can run and they are built to stop the pass. So in theory we match up well, in that we are run heavy, both inside and out, and have Cam running designed routes often. Spread will be a better way of doing it so they can't pack the box as much.

Jimmy was good last week but is still toward the bottom of average air yards, receivers are toward the top in YAC again - so he's able to throw quickly and to WRs in space, but somehow still turns the ball over (Ints in only 1 game tbf). 

Not sure what the running is like but if Mostert plays, I don't trust us to stop him tbh. 

Really not sure what to expect. Do we get the SF that Miami beat up? Or the one who castrated the 4-1 LAR?

Edited by Hunter2_1

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Not sure what the running is like but if Mostert plays, I don't trust us to stop him tbh.

not sure it matters. The Shanahan run scheme has always given BB fits. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

not sure it matters. The Shanahan run scheme has always given BB fits. 

Has it? What's the stats like?

Bounce back win hopefully 21-17. 

if they lose this game, then you can panic 

42 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Bounce back win hopefully 21-17. 

if they lose this game, then you can panic 

Is panic the right word? I think for me it'd be more settling down into what the season was most likely going to be. Even with Cam, my expectation was 9-7 at best

• Like 1

4-1 in picks,

I'm going for SF 24 - 20 NE

Having done some more research, turns out the 49ers aren't bad a stopping the run at all (they are 7th in DVOA) they just aren't good at preventing QB runs. So I guess that's something to work with. They gave up 5 ypc against LAR last week, but prior to that they were giving up under 4 ypc (10th in the league).

Jimmy has been hit or miss...on his good games he's been efficient, clean and productive. In his bad game, he was dreadful. He had his best game against LAR but his other good game was against NYJ so. 

Both teams are all over the place, statistically, but I think they are a bit better 🤷‍♂️

SF 17 - 13 NE 

I think the Pats will struggle to move the ball ... but I think this is the game where we see 2-3 catches from Asiasi. Izzo's fumble was enough to have him be pushed back at least for one week to see what Asiasi can do. I'm hopeful that Cam is more efficient but I have a feeling he will struggle passing but end the game with 60ish yards on the ground. Kittle will be double teamed but the run game will get their yards and SF receivers will have lots of YAC exposing the lack of speed from the Pats LB's. Fingers crossed to see Uche in his first game too 

19 hours ago, Crimmage said:

SF 17 - 13 NE 

I think the Pats will struggle to move the ball ... but I think this is the game where we see 2-3 catches from Asiasi. 

a target would be progress! 

Mostert won't play, so it doesn't matter regarding him. McKinnon is all around decent, but doesn't have the speed he maybe once had. I'm exciting for Hasty though. Young guy that was undrafted that seems to have the same spark that Mostert does. Don't know if Shanahan trusts him on third downs or to pass block though. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

On 10/23/2020 at 11:27 PM, Deadpulse said:

Is panic the right word? I think for me it'd be more settling down into what the season was most likely going to be. Even with Cam, my expectation was 9-7 at best

Panic as in this season is basically over, considering you have the bills next week and the Ravens in 2 weeks.

9-7 with Cam and barley missing the playoffs or getting destroyed in the wild card game was my least favorite scenario. I’d rather bottom out than that. 

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Mostert won't play, so it doesn't matter regarding him. McKinnon is all around decent, but doesn't have the speed he maybe once had. I'm exciting for Hasty though. Young guy that was undrafted that seems to have the same spark that Mostert does. Don't know if Shanahan trusts him on third downs or to pass block though. 

Shanahan can create a running game with anyone.

Kinda like his dad 

• Like 1

Phillips, if he wasn't before, will basically be a linebacker every snap today. Interesting to see what they do with Kittle. Dugger can at least keep up with him. 

BTW - Tennessee got their punishment today. $350k fine...

Hahahaha!

And Roger basically attempted to knee cap us for 2 seasons with NO evidence.