Checking in with the FA WRs

WindyCity

1. Davante Adams [Green Bay] 16/28-219-2

Size, speed, age and he seems to have corrected the concentration issues that plagued him early in his career. This would also screw over the Packers which is nice side benefit. Can immediately step in on the outside across from Meredith.

2. Jarvis Landry [Miami] 25/33-166

A really good slot option, which Trubisky thrived with at UNC, but he comes with off field baggage and a big price tag.

3. Allen Robinson [Jax]

Would be #1 if not for the ACL tear.

4. Sammy Watkins [Buffalo] 14/16-211-2

Watkins scares me. The health issues and how willing the Bills were to deal him and then talk about "culture" concerned me. We need a guy to build a relationship with Trubisky and it is hard to do that when you miss time.

5. Tyrelle Pryor [Washington] 13/24-186-1

The last guy who I consider to have #1 WR skill set, but he has some issues and does not always play to his 6'4" 230lbs frame.

6. Marquise Lee [Jax] 13/26-159

Runs good routes and has run after the catch ability. He would fit nicely as a potential #2 WR for the Bears and I think would mesh with Trubisky's skill set.

7. Jordan Matthews [Buffalo] 10/13-162-1

He might not by dynamic, but he is 6'3" and reliable and can work the middle of the field.

8. John Brown [Arizona] 7/17-79
Lots of injuries, but a done of deep speed that has been missing.

9. Paul Richardson [Seattle] 11/22-173-2

Elite speed and starting to produce.

10. Taylor Gabriel [Atlanta] 10/18-129-1

Speed like the guys above, but he has no size and I worry if he will lose some of that run by you ability when he moves outside on the grass.

Sleepers: Jaron Brown [Ari], Albert Wilson [KC], Willie Snad [RFA-NO], Bennie Fowler [RFA-Den]

Guys not listed: Martavis Bryant [Off Field], Larry Fitz [Age], Alshon Jeffery 

Speaking of Jeffery, he's gotta be regretting his decision to sign in Philly, he's having a dismal season in terms of numbers and coming off a 1 year deal, he won't get paid in free agency if his numbers don't improve.

8 hours ago, bkokot said:

Speaking of Jeffery, he's gotta be regretting his decision to sign in Philly, he's having a dismal season in terms of numbers and coming off a 1 year deal, he won't get paid in free agency if his numbers don't improve.

He is on Pace for just under 1000 yards and 8 TDs.

My guess is that will go up as he and Wentz build chemistry.

Jeffery's contract will always be about health.

47 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He is on Pace for just under 1000 yards and 8 TDs.

My guess is that will go up as he and Wentz build chemistry.

Jeffery's contract will always be about health.

There's a chance he improves, there's also a chance his production drops off.

Also, he's on pace for 860 yards, for reference from 2016 (Michael Crabtree - 1003 yards,  Quincy Enunwa - 857 yards, Cameron Meredith - 888 yards).

I know it's only a difference of 140 yards over a season, but the difference in perception is pretty significant.

1 minute ago, bkokot said:

There's a chance he improves, there's also a chance his production drops off.

Also, he's on pace for 860 yards, for reference from 2016 (Michael Crabtree - 1003 yards,  Quincy Enunwa - 857 yards, Cameron Meredith - 888 yards).

I know it's only a difference of 140 yards over a season, but the difference in perception is pretty significant.

It's also 4 games in with a QB he didn't get to play at all with in preseason. I think they'll only get better if he's on the field. 

Tomorrow may be a problem, because Peterson is an eraser, but otherwise I think he'll be fine.

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

It's also 4 games in with a QB he didn't get to play at all with in preseason. I think they'll only get better if he's on the field. 

Tomorrow may be a problem, because Peterson is an eraser, but otherwise I think he'll be fine.

Agreed. He will make have a few games he has minimal statistical impact, but he is likely drawing double coverage or at least having a safety roll towards him to help. Just one big game and his season stats look completely different, especially while projecting over 16 games.

Archived