Ideas for 17th NFL game

pf9

A rather large but sensible change would be to change the system to 4 divisions of 8 instead of 8 divisions of 4. The schedule then works out so that you play 7 games against your divisional opponents, 8 games against the division that your division is matched up with that year, and then the two teams that finished at the same spot from the two other divisions that you're not playing with.

This would also solve a lot of the other problems that arise because of the current setup as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Just imagine... Derrick Henry busting through about 18 defenders and then... he's suddenly chased down by a real life kodiak bear. The bear grabs him, starts to ragdoll him, he's screaming "SPUMONI!!!!" the whole time, AJ Brown tries to hit the bear with a towel... Only to be attacked by a bottle nosed dolphin...

tenor.gif?itemid=5134999

I'd pay all the monies to see this.

I had a dream last week that I was watching football and all of a sudden the stadium had red lights come on and a siren went off and there was an announcement to evacuate. The camera panned down to the field and there were like 10+ grizzly bears on the field chasing people. I remember thinking “this isn’t even a bears game wtf did these bears come from”. Then a ref tripped up and got eaten by like 4 bears and I started crying and then woke up.

• Like 1

Since it's just ideas...

1) Draft order: team with first pick vs team with 2nd.  team with 3rd pick vs team with 4th, etc.  You get a Super Bowl rematch, a game with the NFC runner up vs AFC runner up(29 vs 30)

2) A 5th AFC vs NFC game, the second with a team you played against.  Example last year the Bears and Colts finished 3rd in their conferences.  They play twice, one in Chicago, the other in Indy

3) Rank the AFC and NFC teams 1-16  The best AFC team vs the best NFC team, all the way down to the two worst

• 3 weeks later...

If the 17th game for each team is to be played at a neutral site, 8 of those games would probably be played in London as part of the International Series

In that event, the NFL should schedule the London games all at 9:30 AM ET (1:30 or 2:30 PM in London), with the aim of selling these games as a separate television package

A broadcast network would be preferred for airing these games. CBS and Fox would be out because neither would want a London game's ending overlapping with the start of their 1 PM games. NBC is out because Meet the Press is one of their signature shows. This leaves ABC and The CW.

ABC is a much larger network than The CW, and is longer-established. So, the London games would end up most likely on ABC in this scenario, as they are not currently a full-time broadcaster of the NFL.