Buccaneers sign WR Antonio Brown

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Jesus christ, Tom Brady literally just gets every weapon he can.

Godwin, Evans, Brown
Gronk, Howard, Brate

There's no excuse for Tom Brady to not have 50 TD this season except unless he's over the hill.

Still needs solid protection. 

I hope the people saying “I don’t get this” understand scheme. Brady has a bunch of deep threats in Tampa. Brown is a fantastic player in the slot. He can play the Edelman/Welker safety valve role and take pressure off Evans and Godwin and Gronk. Brown will be happy because he’ll get volume, Brady will be happy because he has a stud running the routes he made his career off of, and the rest of the team gets to just play mismatch everywhere else. 

Sorry guys it’s wishful thinking to believe this is going to end bad. The worst case scenario is Brown has a meltdown and they release him to be back as the favorites they already were in the NFC. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I hope the people saying “I don’t get this” understand scheme. Brady has a bunch of deep threats in Tampa. Brown is a fantastic player in the slot. He can play the Edelman/Welker safety valve role and take pressure off Evans and Godwin and Gronk. Brown will be happy because he’ll get volume, Brady will be happy because he has a stud running the routes he made his career off of, and the rest of the team gets to just play mismatch everywhere else. 

Sorry guys it’s wishful thinking to believe this is going to end bad. The worst case scenario is Brown has a meltdown and they release him to be back as the favorites they already were in the NFC. 

Cutting him might not solve all the problems he could potentially create though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Their receiving corps is banged up, and they legitimately only have 1-2 years to win titles with Brady. There's no room to wait around and hope that everybody gets healthy for a deep playoff run, they have to be proactive about it.

I didn’t realize they had injuries at the position.

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Cutting him might not solve all the problems he could potentially create though

This is sports talk stuff. Brown is a marked man on a fully formed team. It’s not Pittsburgh where they had to try to placate him

2 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Is he gonna go all "circus" when he doesn't get 10+ targets a game?

he has no leverage now, not a cap hit blackmail of $15M and  the GOAT will put him in place.  Of course, I have been wrong before and hope I am again xD.  The bucs offence will be scary once they get healthy. 

I actually like this as a football move better than him going to a WR needy team. DId not want him in Baltimore. He would have too much power and on-field leverage with the Ravens, thinking we need him. With the Bucs he has to behave because he knows they can just go back to slumming it with Evans and Godwin.

Edited by wackywabbit

19 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I changed my opinion. I didn't think of that. Brady sure would benefit from a guy playing the Welker/Jules role, that alone alleviates most of the stress on him when teams try to pressure Brady too much.

Edited by LaFellSBXLIXMVP

54 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If you're a Bucs WR you.cant be happy about this. They don't need AB

If you can get time off to heal properly because they sign AB, then it could be a reason to like the signing. Also, if it free's up coverages and the bucs win the SB that should be another reason to like it.  

Antonio Brown is a lunatic. No disputing it. Is he so bat **** crazy that he can’t realize this is probably his last chance and pretend to put the teams success over his stats? Idk. Maybe. But he was always a nutcase and Pittsburgh was successful with him for years. And the only team he actually chose to play for iirc released him over a rape allegation. Not for causing issues in the locker room. 

I think everyone is overthinking this. It’s October. They’re probably going to get these guys healthy. And most teams don’t have one corner than can cover any of these guys. No one has 3. And then you probably have Fournette on fresh legs in January running against 6 man boxes.

• Like 2

I dont think its a bad move.   AB will likely behave this year no matter what in order to possibly get a nice 2 or 3 year contract in the offseason.    If he keeps his mouth shut and has a few nice games, he will likely get it.

The entire AB thing still breaks my heart.   I loved the dude for years, and was excited for him to be one of the most heralded Steelers of all time.   Now Im just wondering what stupid **** he'll do next.

• Like 2