Buccaneers sign WR Antonio Brown

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

We've never seen a team like this with Tom Brady on it... The math might change a bit.

Also the reality is that Tampa isn’t breaking the bank. No big money is tied up long term and they have almost all their draft picks 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Also the reality is that Tampa isn’t breaking the bank. No big money is tied up long term and they have almost all their draft picks 

It isn’t that I am saying they are screwed or the signing is bad.  AB is a dog, he’ll do well.

However I just see them as a team that could easily blow up in disruption.  

Brown is cooked, Mccoy is cooked, Gronk is cooked, Goodwin is injured, Howard is gone for the year. This isnt close to the offense that people suggest based on name value. But indulge. Who knows wtf Fournette is. This will take touches away from younger guys who have shown potential. Like Miller, Brate and even Watson. If Goodwin gets healthy, Brown is focused and discipline but hasn't lost much of a step, mccoy is used sparringly spread out, fournette stays healthy and Gronk keeps getting into form.. then yes, this could be a special offense. Brady has to play like he did 2nd half vs Chargers. That was as good of a Brady as ive seen in 8 years.

Edited by Bearerofnews

21 minutes ago, kramxel said:

That isn't realistic at all.

He’s 32 and the late full season he played he led the league in receiving TD’s and was a few yards shy of 1300. He only missed one year, has been training, has no injuries, and will go on a team where he won’t be carrying the load. 

It’s far more realistic that he goes back to business as usual than a hypothetical freak out that blows up the team. They are paying him nothing and can cut him in a heart beat. 

So is there a belief that Brady doesn t have complete control of the locker room?   I ll even break up the leadership, Brady on offense, JPP on defense.

Brady is far from a passive aggressive leader.  AB will stay in line or be gone once he is in the building.  Now AB could blow up outside the organization, then it will be over.

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Gordon has always been a part of a franchise so that isn't correct. 

I was curious so I did a quick search.  Plaxico Burress was listed as a FA when he went to prison, and then resumed his career

Edited by ravishingone

22 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I was curious so I did a quick search.  Plaxico Burress was listed as a FA when he went to prison, and then resumed his career

When I look that it up it looks like a different situation he wasn't allowed to sign with an NFL team until after he served his prison sentence I don't think there were any game suspensions looming. 

39 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

When I look that it up it looks like a different situation he wasn't allowed to sign with an NFL team until after he served his prison sentence I don't think there were any game suspensions looming. 

The league is under a new CBA, maybe there is a change to the personal conduct policy.  I will definitely not be reviewing the old and new CBA to find out.  😀