4. Harden

5. Doncic

6. Jokic

7. Anthony Davis

8. Tatum

9. Chris Paul

10. Lillard

HM: Butler, Embiid, Booker, Beal, Donovan Mitchell

Leaving out Curry and KD due to injuries, but would probably be #4, and 2 for me if healthy

Edited by amac

1 KD - Him being out people forget how great he is. He is going to remind people of that this upcoming season

2 LeBron - Just about every have him first which is understandable but I think KD has shown when healthy especially over his last three seasons he is better than LeBron.

3 Steph - I wouldve put Kawhi here but my thinking is Steph wouldnt have allowed the Clippers to choke away three big leads against the Nuggets if he was on the Clippers. Steph is lethal and just like I said with KD, people seem to forget that because Curry was hurt for the most part last season.

4 Kawhi - Even with him choking in the playoffs this past season I cant have him lower than 4th. He still has a great two way player. What he showed was when there are expectations and he is the leader he needs to do a better job. He isnt there yet so hopefully he learned and will be better moving forward.

5 Giannis - I wouldve had him higher but just like Kawhi he has a big weakness. His weakness is front running. When everything is great he is unstoppable but when the Bucks are trailing by double digit he rarely can lead them back because he doesnt have a three point game and if the defense build a wall around the basket Giannis is screwed. Dont get me wrong he is a great player and the Bucks are a great regular season team but they are just a totally different postseason team and it starts with him for their struggles. KD, LeBron, Steph, and Kawhi all proved they can do it in the postseason and Giannis hasnt.

6 Harden - He is in the same situation as Giannis. He is a great player and his regular seasons are phenomenal but his postseasons are alot left to be desired. He literally runs out of gas in the postseason and cant take the Rockets over that hump. 

7 AD - Speaking of getting over that hump, he certainly did. A talented player that the question was him getting to the playoffs and showing everyone he is a star that can get it done. He did and while he gets knocked because it took him joining LeBron to do so, I give him his props for not riding LeBron coat tail. He hit big shots and played great. He stayed healthy which was a big knock on him too. The Lakers werent a perfect team but AD made them dangerous.

8 Klay - I feel like people are going to be reintroduced to this guy. People have forgotten how great he is not just because he missed all of last season but because he had to take somewhat of a backseat to when KD got to the Warriors. I technically should have him higher thats how much I think of Klay. Him and Steph will once again show the league that they are the best shooting backcourt in NBA history.

9 Kyrie - Not having him in the top 10 is just a disrespect. The only reason I dont have him higher is because he does have injury issues. The best ability is availability. Im hoping he can do what AD did this year and just stay healthy to give the Nets a scary 1-2 punch with him and KD. I think its definitely going to work and when it does Kyrie is going to remind the league that he is arguably the best guard in the NBA. 

10 Doncic - He makes the game look so easy. When I think about Luka I think of a guy who game is always the same each night. You know what to expect him giving you on a nightly bases. What he did in the playoffs to the heavily favored Clippers without Porzingis and playing on a bad ankle was spectacular.  He is for sure a top 10 player. 

14 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Boston is probably my favorite eastern conference team but I struggle with the idea of Tatum over Butler after what we saw this post season. 

I don’t think butler really played anything  like a top 10 guy until others went down, he seemed content to be a passenger for a lot of the playoffs

1 hour ago, amac said:

I don’t think butler really played anything  like a top 10 guy until others went down, he seemed content to be a passenger for a lot of the playoffs

The guy just averaged 26/10/8 in the finals as his teams best player while guarding Lebron. Averaged 22/6/6 through the entire post season. He was a 20/6/6 guy on the season. 

Hes a 5 time all star
3 time all NBA guy
4 time all Defense

I think i can have him in my current top 10 without a doubt. 

• Like 2

1. LeBron

—————————— clearly the best, been the best player in the post season 8 of the last 9 years

2. Curry

3. Durant

4. Leonard

5. Giannis

6. Harden

7. Jokic

8. Doncic

9. Davis

—————————-order of them can change up but to me this is unquestionably the top 9 players. 

10. Lilliard

11. Butler

12. Paul

6 hours ago, amac said:

He was 3rd team All-NBA in the regular season and played even better in the postseason. On the season he averaged 20 ppg, 7 rpg, 6 apg, and 2 spg on good efficiency while being one of the top perimeter defenders in the league.

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was 3rd team All-NBA in the regular season and played even better in the postseason. On the season he averaged 20 ppg, 7 rpg, 6 apg, and 2 spg on good efficiency while being one of the top perimeter defenders in the league.

He’s great I just don’t have him in my top 10, not every 3rd team all nba guy makes it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, amac said:

He’s great I just don’t have him in my top 10, not every 3rd team all nba guy makes it. 

Yeah he's definitely a borderline top 10 guy for me as well. I just gave him the nod over guys like Lillard and Tatum due to his postseason performance. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Top 10 based on what?

He is clutch, he is one of the best guards in regards of scoring, he can get his shot anywhere and unstoppable when he wants to get to the paint. Need I go on?? Whats sad is people forget that because of the perception that Kyrie killed Boston and that the Nets were actually a better team without him. The Cavs wouldnt have that championship over the Warriors if Kyrie didnt hit that big shot over Steph. It wasnt LeBron it was Kyrie.