Top 10 Players in the league

amac

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

He is clutch, he is one of the best guards in regards of scoring, he can get his shot anywhere and unstoppable when he wants to get to the paint. Need I go on?? Whats sad is people forget that because of the perception that Kyrie killed Boston and that the Nets were actually a better team without him. The Cavs wouldnt have that championship over the Warriors if Kyrie didnt hit that big shot over Steph. It wasnt LeBron it was Kyrie. 

Yeah, good point. I'm sure everyone has forgotten who made one of the most famous shots in NBA history.

All you talked about was scoring. He's an elite shotmaker, but give me something more if you want to be considered a top 10 player.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, good point. I'm sure everyone has forgotten who made one of the most famous shots in NBA history.

All you talked about was scoring. He's an elite shotmaker, but give me something more if you want to be considered a top 10 player.

An elite shotmaker who makes everyone else around him worse and struggles to lead teams to anything productive as the #1 option. 

No thanks. It is well documented that I've hated Kyrie since well before Boston, but the fact that this man still has fans is mind boggling. Yall must really like occasional highlight plays

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well as we saw in the NBA this season that’s what you need. Look at how the Rockets fail because they couldn’t depend on Westbrook as the second option. The Clippers couldn’t depend on George as the second option. The Bucks couldn’t depend on Middleton as the second option. The Heat and Raptors legit had no second option. So Kyrie with KD him being an elite shot maker is everything. The only knock anyone can have on Kyrie is injury issues. I would say defense but not many guys actually play defense these days. 

10 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Well as we saw in the NBA this season that’s what you need. Look at how the Rockets fail because they couldn’t depend on Westbrook as the second option. The Clippers couldn’t depend on George as the second option. The Bucks couldn’t depend on Middleton as the second option. The Heat and Raptors legit had no second option. So Kyrie with KD him being an elite shot maker is everything. The only knock anyone can have on Kyrie is injury issues. I would say defense but not many guys actually play defense these days. 

and no one is calling westbrook, george or middleton top ten players lol

1. LeBron James

2. Giannis Antetokounmpo

3. Kawhi Leonard

4. Steph Curry

5. James Harden

6. Luka Doncic

7. Nikola Jokic

8. Anthony Davis

9. Jimmy Butler

10. Damian Lillard

I can't rate Durant. I don't think he's going to come back 100%. Embiid when motivated is on there but he's not consistent with that at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

1. LeBron James

2. Giannis Antetokounmpo

3. Kawhi Leonard

4. Steph Curry

5. James Harden

6. Luka Doncic

7. Nikola Jokic

8. Anthony Davis

9. Jimmy Butler

10. Damian Lillard

I can't rate Durant. I don't think he's going to come back 100%. Embiid when motivated is on there but he's not consistent with that at all.

I'm taking Lillard and Butler over Davis but agreed elsewhere on this list

Just now, Troy Brown said:

I'm taking Lillard and Butler over Davis but agreed elsewhere on this list

I'd consider Butler on the right team. I think Davis provides too many matchup problems on offense and is too impactful defensively to swap with Lillard. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

So he's a top 10 player because he's a great 2nd option so all he has to worry about is scoring in close playoff games? That's all I took away from your post.

kyrie as a top 10 guy is just indefensible lol. no freakin chance. and i love watching the dude play

I like @Bullet Club's list - I think we have a pretty set top 2 tiers. for me:

Tier 1A

LeBron James

Tier 1B

Kevin Durant 

Steph Curry

Kawhi Leonard

Tier 1C

Giannis Antetokounmpo (i'll take one good playoff series win...sorry)

James Harden

Tier 2

Nikola Jokic

Anthony Davis 

Luka Doncic

And then the next tier is a few guys. I'd probably have Dame first up and therefore #10

Edited by champ11

I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings. I will not comment on these rankings.

The dropping of Giannis down lists has gone way too far.

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

considering he's still top 5 or 6 on everyone's I would say it's not too dramatic considering the playoff collapse

People are putting too much stock into small samples. LeBron didn't win a title until he was 27 and I don't think anyone had any problems putting him at #1 or #2 in the league before then. Giannis is accomplished similar success as LeBron had by age 25 except making it to the Finals.