Week 7: Debbie Does Dallas comes to play with SE Jerome

turtle28

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You have a nice little winning program at JMU. And thats what you need to bank on for winning.

If this were the SEC. Youre making it sound like were Auburn. Recruit these few players and we will be golden. We can become a contender again. You just need to settle in on the fact that were Vandy or Kentucky. Making a good bowl (us the playoffs) every so often. And be happy like those fans are in just doing that.

Maybe 3 of the last 10 years we havent sat around here at some point during the season going "we gotta lose, we gotta lose." Last couple years we started the seasons saying that. Whens the last time the Pats, Seahawks, Steelers, NO and such drafted early? Yet they keep complete teams. So dont bank the be all, end all on the draft. Had 35 million or so  not spent this year. No trades happening. Nothing going on. Cause the FO is sitting back happily collecting checks regardless. This isnt a competitive team, its a business to make Dan money. And nothing else.

Like I said. Enjoy the win. Enjoy what you can get. Cause you aint getting much more than that for a long time.

tenor.gif?itemid=5692869

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The Bills already had their QB selected and he was dedicated to his growth in the off-season even with a pandemic.  They had enough talent in house that they were able to trade for Diggs and upgrade their weapons for said QB.  

The Seahawks got lucky to get Wilson in the third.  Do you feel comfortable with our coaching staff taking Jamie Newman in the third and making him into the next Russell Wilson?  

Rivera finished very poorly with the Panthers, sub .500 over his last four years.  Our scouts have done better, but they are nowhere near the level of the elite organizations like Baltimore or Seattle to deserve our trust like that.  

No the bills made a run McDerrmotts first year. Also I do trust this staff. Ron turned that team around from scratch with 3 different GM type figures in his tenure and I can remeber watching that defense from being worst in the leagu Cams rookie year to being a force. By the time they infused that roster Cams rookie deal was up and they just ran into a deeper team in Seattle through their window!!! Yes Rons teams struggled after they lost all pros for various management mishandled situations.

as per our scouting dept I can only judge off what they’ve done for me lately and as my old baseball coach would say if you putting bats on balls your winning and this dept deserves credit for their hits. They have gambled with their second rounders alittle but that’s the round to take a risk. Guice very much had all pro potential sadly his mental and karma kept catching him.

As far as Ron here goes I love that he will not marry a mistake and allow it to effect or creat division and this team has responded. We all wanted Haskins because that was best case for this roster. But to be honest that took balls that quick and I’m sorry yesterday I saw two teams going two different directions. Dallas is high priced and not young. We are young and cheap and we really have a lot of resources right now that If we hit a home run this offseason with all the hits we’ve had lately we can look completely different moving forward.We have no idea what the future of that position is. But I do believe bringing a player into a winning culture seems to pan out better to harvest a winner!!!

I hope the Giants marry to Danny dimes and give him the Kirk Cousins excuses and keep changing hoping to find someone to maximize him while they burn through talent around him before they realize it’s him. I know the state of the roster says keep losing and get higher calibre players. But the right player on a good team with the right attitude in the locker room brings out the best in a guy. So no we might not get the individual ceiling of a Chase Young but Montez Sweat looks just as good!!! They were 23 selections apart. So this belief we can’t win wherever we’re picking is madness. We need a fan culture change because while I get the redskins burn and PTSD and we can still suck I’m not gonna ignore the fact we have developed players this year as I’m watching. Yes we’re feasting on the least!!! But it’s a start!!! You don’t think the Bengals fighting and being in games isn’t teaching that team great things? Yes without a QB we have 0 chance of SB aspirations. But to think we can’t strike gold with a player is crazy it’s completly luck with that position. But I have seen winning cultures be better to guys like Rogers, Allen, Mahomes Big Ben Rivers like I’m just saying

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@naptownskinsfan I agree with you. I don’t know how the Cowboys commit long term - or even give Dak $35 million on the franchise tag next year - not knowing if he’ll be able to play a snap for them or when in 2021. Honestly, it’s sad, but they’d be crazy to do either.

The best thing for both parties would be a one year prove it deal probably that is not as much as a franchise tag would be. I mean Dak is going to want to prove that he can be what he was before too. He’s not going to want to sign a long term deal that isn’t close to what he just turned down this past summer and the only way to prove he’s still worth that is to play on a one year prove it contract, but I can’t see the Cowboys or anyone else making that one-year prove it contract $30 million for Dak next year. He’s going to take a pay cut IMO and I think a significant one.

By March you’ll have no idea if he’s going to be able to start in September, that time frame is too close to now for him to be anywhere near 100%. My Aunt had an injury similar to Dak’s and she’s just now walking with a cane and she dislocated her ankle, tore a ligament and broke a bone in July. I think Dak’s injury was worse that hers though, bc she didn’t have a compound fracture and Dak did, didn’t he?

Because his leadership and his game is worth the contract even though realistically no one player should get that money even with positional importance. Dak is a beast and while I’d hate to be in the cowboys shoes with the performance and players cap hits with their production outside of Dak that’s not on him. That guy is actually a franchise guy. Without the OL he preformed!!! When his guys dropped passes and when Zeke was game planned out Dak still gave his team a real chance. We can point to teams he won against and lost against as we did with Kirk but I’ve seen Dak in the playoffs elevate his team before he got his money. All this goes for prior to the injury but that man has earned whatever he gets and that’s just me being unbias. I’d hate to be in Dallas’s position but he’s worthy

• Like 1

17 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I live here in Big D and I am telling you many of the Cowboys fans new this was coming after Prescott went down.  The following week  Dalton  suffers a concussions. So you can image now the state of mind these boys fans have right now. Stephen Jones toll cowboy fans to keep watching the cowboy games " You gonna watch a team evolve over time". Lol. There's conversations about picking QB Fields. Speaking of sarcasm I feel so lonely here in big D. Oh woe is me.  Many of my relatives and friends have not called or come to see me. They've went ghost. LOL.  How about them Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dallas this year reminds me of Washington last year only with Washington we weren’t in the first year with a new HC but, it was clear most of the players quit on Gruden last year as the Dallas players have on McCarthy this year. It looks awful for Jerry and Stephen Jones. I still don’t understand why the hell McCarthy gave Mike Nolan the defensive coordinator job! Just stupid, stupid, STUPID!

Edited by turtle28

On 10/25/2020 at 11:14 PM, turtle28 said:

The only positive I see with Washington winning with this roster is it is one of the youngest in the league. So, presumably their current young talent will develop and get better in the coming years.

I wouldn’t be happy if we go 6-10 or 7-9 and win the division but, as I’ve said before we may be able to trade for another team who will pick in the top 5’s current young QB - like the Jets Sam Darnold - to come in and compete with Kyle Allen for the starting job next year.

We can also hopefully still be able to select Kyle Trask or Zach Wilson in the teens if we do win the division. So, while we’d miss on Lawrence, Fields and probably Lance too, it’s likely we can get a QB to develop behind Allen for one year who may even come in and be better then Allen as a rookie.

The best scenario is for our young players to continue to develop, flash and play well while we are competitive the rest of the year but, we still lose out and get a top 5 pick but, at the same time I don’t think it’s the end of the world if we are picking in the teens after we would win the division and then lose in the first round of the playoffs either.

The very lowest we could pick is 19th

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 11:36 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

You have a nice little winning program at JMU. And thats what you need to bank on for winning.

Thanks. It's nice to root for a D1 football team that plays for championships in an actual, real playoff.

If this were the SEC. Youre making it sound like were Auburn. Recruit these few players and we will be golden. We can become a contender again. You just need to settle in on the fact that were Vandy or Kentucky. Making a good bowl (us the playoffs) every so often. And be happy like those fans are in just doing that.

See...as pessimistic as I can be. That's not me. Mediocre is not my speed. I was weaned on Redskin greatness and the past two decades have still not conditioned me to accept that we should just be happy to be mediocre year after year.

Whens the last time the Pats, Seahawks, Steelers, NO and such drafted early? Yet they keep complete teams.

All those teams already had a QB and had stocked the cupboard with talent. That helps to have a winning culture. You're not going to win if your talent level sucks. You might steal one here or there because of hustle. But 9 times out of 10, the talent is going to show up.

So dont bank the be all, end all on the draft. Had 35 million or so  not spent this year. No trades happening. Nothing going on. Cause the FO is sitting back happily collecting checks regardless. This isnt a competitive team, its a business to make Dan money. And nothing else.

Here we agree.

Like I said. Enjoy the win. Enjoy what you can get. Cause you aint getting much more than that for a long time.

Agreed on the bolded. Not with this coach, and this owner.