lomaxgrUK

2020 roster transactions

Figured with COVID issues, there are a lot more roster transactions with not all of them being worth a thread.

Klis is saying we are releasing Bausby, with Bouye being back.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1320089901551988738?s=19

That is CRAZY to me. Classic overthinking. Our staff clearly think Bassey is better in the slot and better on special teams, but you don't have outside CBs growing on trees. Find a role for Bausby ...

He'd be silly to stick around on our PS. He'd start for some team.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 3

Any chance we trade Bouye at trade deadline and then resign Bausby?

Maybe for a R6-7 if he was healthy, right now there isnt a chance. 

Cutting Bausby is legitimately insane. He has been good, not great but good - which is great for a cheap boundary CB. Not to mention he is coming off a horrible injury and still managed to play well enough to start. You could make a reasonable presumption that he only gets better as he gets his legs under him more. 

But ya, lets cut him. 

• Like 1

If Duke Dawson and Harris were actually good ST players, I would dislike the move but understand. But I have made several comments this year about our poor ST coverage teams, especially a lack of speed from Dawson and Harris on Punt coverage. 

Dawson was involved in that shambolic ST coverage for the kickoff yesterday; how can Bausby be any worse than that?

58 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

If Duke Dawson and Harris were actually good ST players, I would dislike the move but understand. But I have made several comments this year about our poor ST coverage teams, especially a lack of speed from Dawson and Harris on Punt coverage. 

Dawson was involved in that shambolic ST coverage for the kickoff yesterday; how can Bausby be any worse than that?

It’s the neck injury.   They don’t want to risk it.   But honestly you can find non elite ST guys off the street.   It’s a head scratcher for sure.  

I wish we'd start selling off players and finally get off the "great defense, bad offense" treadmill we've been on for the past 5 years. We really need to bottom out and stop settling for middling QB prospects in the draft. 

There’s no way to justify Davontae Harris being on the roster over De’Vante Bausby. He’s never going to see the field defensively. A UDFA nickel beat him out. Bausby got cut, came back and beat him out. Duke Dawson has a role and plays ahead of him. This is stupid.

Losing Bausby to Zona is very aggravating. The fact he signed with their practice squab is very revealing on how he views the Broncos organization. I think he got fed up with the Broncos not believing in him. I wish him the best. 

10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't think Bausby is physical enough for Vics liking kinda like a poor man's drc

He tackled Cam Newton, in full flight, in the open field. That's physical enough to play CB in this league.

Bausby is the next Shaq Barrett, a very good NFL player who was completely under appreciated by our coaching staff.