2020 roster transactions

lomaxgrUK

Let's be clear that Bausby might not end up being an above-average CB - but of all the non-starters, he offers the FAR highest ceiling - and a track record of actual success in-game, albeit in limited samples.  His neck injury means they won't use him on ST's - but IMO, a guy with his ceiling, ESPECIALLY at a rookie contract, are just not assets you cut - simply to get mediocre ST versatility from inferior talents.   That's really the galling part of the decision when it was first made.   Also agree that it's far easier for a team to cut a new waiver claim, given the difficulty with integrating to a new system - so I wouldn't look too much into ARI's decision to part ways here.

The tea leaves once Klis admitted the team erred at least shows that the FO realized this.   Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Edited by Broncofan

If I were Bausby I'd be pissed.  I hope he hangs on the has been more than patient.  I agree with Broncofan he seems to be a better than average back-up CB in a league where that backup will probably start a few games a year.  I also agree with the post where ST isn't that big of a deal when McManus mostly kicks balls through the end z one anyway.  

16 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Seems like it. The whole Bausby situation has been so weird... 

FWIW Bausby cleared waivers the first time - he actually got to choose between several teams last time (see Allbright link below).   

So the FO REALLY screwed the pooch the first time.   But nobody is perfect - hopefully they learned from this.   

BTW - one waiver claim we should be ALL over this week - Takk McKinley.   I get that teams below us should also make a claim, but he'd help our DL issues, and he's also young enough if he walked in the offseason, he'd net us a comp pick (he's not signing simply for a vet min deal next year).   Hopefully Elway & co. are on this (as McKinley release was later this week, so the waiver claim is today, not included in yesterday's run).

Edited by Broncofan

16 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Devontae Harris waived, as per Klis.

He had a couple of bad ST plays on Sunday, one nearly causing a fumble after he ran into Spencer.

Bausby likely active this week, and we kept Toliver over Harris.

At least the FO and coaches fully embraced the original mistake, now it's come full circle.

Edited by Broncofan

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Will Parks is back 

Excited he's back! Hopefully he is too, him an Simmons seemed like really good friends. Anyone know what the contract status looks like for someone claimed? I assume you don't just inherit the contract w/o signing bonus....

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

Excited he's back! Hopefully he is too, him an Simmons seemed like really good friends. Anyone know what the contract status looks like for someone claimed? I assume you don't just inherit the contract w/o signing bonus....

I think it's league minimum based on CBA wage schedules.