2020 roster transactions

lomaxgrUK

Bausby is the next Shaq Barrett, a very good NFL player who was completely under appreciated by our coaching staff. 

Yep, I dont think he will explode in the same way but I can see him being a competent boundary CB for a team for years. Its one of the stupidest moves we have made in quite some time. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Bausby cut by the Cardinals. Wonder if we will be interested? Or if he would I suppose ...

If 30 other teams don't want him, a job's a job.   The one part he might consider DEN for - how they stood by him post-neck injury.   They had to stick it out with him until he cleared his physical, but allowing him to get back on the field after, that wasn't a given.  It might give some capital with Bausby if Elway/Fangio came calling and said "we need you back".

Please, Elway/Fangio, take this gift and run with it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Bausby cut by the Cardinals. Wonder if we will be interested? Or if he would I suppose ...

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

If 30 other teams don't want him, a job's a job.   The one part he might consider DEN for - how they stood by him post-neck injury.   They had to stick it out with him until he cleared his physical, but allowing him to get back on the field after, that wasn't a given.  It might give some capital with Bausby if Elway/Fangio came calling and said "we need you back".

Please, Elway/Fangio, take this gift and run with it.

Given this is coming from Klis, you wonder if the FO is in touch with Bausby’s agent.

Edited by Broncofan

As bad as Davontae Harris was beaten on Sunday, it isn’t insane to think Bausby swings that game. Remember Harris made himself unplayable late down the stretch last year and Yiadom finished the season. 

Davontae Harris is easily the worst corner to play for this team since Fangio took over, probably shouldn’t have made the team and it was only right that the Bausby decision came back to bite them when they were forced to play Harris again. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why is he keep getting cut? Hes honestly a good CB--he must be a headcase or something

I have no clue why we kept cutting him. It's easy to understand why the Cardinals might. Midseason, players often get caught in the 'up - down' cycle between the active roster and PS. Injuries at other positions mean that teams will often look to cut players at positions where they have the most depth, or the players they think are least likely to lose to another team.

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Davontae Harris is easily the worst corner to play for this team since Fangio took over, probably shouldn’t have made the team and it was only right that the Bausby decision came back to bite them when they were forced to play Harris again. 

He just looks sooooooo slow out there. Given he's been here a couple of years, it shouldn't be that he doesn't know what he's doing, so it must just be a lack of athleticism. 

11 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

He just looks sooooooo slow out there. Given he's been here a couple of years, it shouldn't be that he doesn't know what he's doing, so it must just be a lack of athleticism. 

Harris tested slightly above average in the 40 and the 3-cone, but in the very low percentiles in the shuttle and jumping testing. 

3 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

This FO seems to make strange decisions sometimes. Bringing Bausby back is a no-brainer. I just get the feeling they don't appreciate him, and am at a loss as to why.

They hurt themselves with these fringe roster moves so frequently, ones that are no brainers to fans. It’s hard to find corners, how do you let proven depth walk out the building when your top veteran corners have significant recent injury history? Unfortunate that this mistake potentially cost them a game. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

58 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

They hurt themselves with these fringe roster moves so frequently, ones that are no brainers to fans. It’s hard to find corners, how do you let proven depth walk out the building when your top veteran corners have significant recent injury history? Unfortunate that this mistake potentially cost them a game. 

I didn't follow the original cut very closely. Did we just get caught trying to slide him through waivers to get him on the PS to make some roster room?