Bucs Sign K Patrick Murray

bucsfan333

22 minutes ago, Calibucsfan said:

I'm in favor of bringing Aguyo back. Now that our kicking situation is so bad, I doubt he would feel as much pressure. I still think he can turn into that "mr automatic" that we drafted him to be.

I think the pressure would be even worse.

Andrew Franks: Dolphins cut him in favor of Browns castoff Cody Parkey. Franks is only 24 and was Miami's kicker for two years -- went 16-for-21 on field goals last year with a long of 55, going 41-for-42 on extra points. His rookie year in 2015 was comparable, going 13-for-16 on field goals (long of 53) and 33-for-36 on extra points.

He looks like our best option, in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Andrew Franks: Dolphins cut him in favor of Browns castoff Cody Parkey. Franks is only 24 and was Miami's kicker for two years -- went 16-for-21 on field goals last year with a long of 55, going 41-for-42 on extra points. His rookie year in 2015 was comparable, going 13-for-16 on field goals (long of 53) and 33-for-36 on extra points.

He looks like our best option, in my opinion.

Apparently,  Mike Nugent is getting a try out.  I think they ll go with a guy who kicked in a regular season game, but that might not be the best option at this point.  KC signed Carolina kicker who was on the practice squad after Santos went down.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Are you telling me I'll get to scream NUUUUUUGGGGEEEE again!?!?!?!?!?

Honestly,  I hope not, he wasn't good last year.  I kind of like Nick Rose, lost out to Robbie Gould this preseason.   Definitely has a lot of range.  If  they go with known quantity,  it just is slim pickings.

Archived