Bucs Sign K Patrick Murray

bucsfan333

Why did we let Bryant go again? Serious question. I don't remember. Probably one of the worst decisions the front office ever made tbh and that's saying somethin. Dang Mark Dominik.

I say we go sign some rookie who is waiting for a shot. Low pressure and not much to lose.

Does anyone know of a good K coming out in the draft this year?

7 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Why did we let Bryant go again? Serious question. I don't remember. Probably one of the worst decisions the front office ever made tbh and that's saying somethin. Dang Mark Dominik.

I say we go sign some rookie who is waiting for a shot. Low pressure and not much to lose.

Does anyone know of a good K coming out in the draft this year?

He had a hamstring injury and Dom wasn't willing to wait.  He signed Nugent instead, who turned out to be a disaster.  I'M pretty sure they brought in an unknown named Connor Barth after that.  If they go retread, I'm hoping it's Murray or Franks.  Both are still young and there are plenty of examples of young kickers who get cut early in their careers,  resurface and are goof for years.

26 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Well alrighty then.

I ll believe it when I see it.  Licht would send a terrible message to the team if Folk is on the roster by Tuesday.   No offense to Licht and scouting staff, but they certainly haven't been able to evaluate kickers well.  I think it is better off taking a shot with a guy off the street and keep feelers out on Santos and Jankowski s health.   In a few weeks, a more established kicker will be ready in a few weeks will be available if the new guy is struggling.   

Janikowski is out another month, at least. We can't really wait that long. I'd imagine Oakland keeps Tevvechio if he continues being accurate. I don't know if Sebass would wanna relocate or if he'd just retire. He's been a Raider forever. And I'm sure he's rooted.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Janikowski is out another month, at least. We can't really wait that long. I'd imagine Oakland keeps Tevvechio if he continues being accurate. I don't know if Sebass would wanna relocate or if he'd just retire. He's been a Raider forever. And I'm sure he's rooted.

Santos is out another 3 weeks apparently.   For me, take a chance on a new guy, if you get lucky great problem solved.  They re not guaranteeing salary, so essentially the next kicker is a week to week investment, whether it is one new kicker or 3 more this season.  Basically,  there is little reason for Folk to be in Arizona.

I agree about Folk. He needs to be shown the door. But it doesn't make sense to pay Folk AND another kicker if that other kicker is gonna be just as bad. We don't care because we're not the ones signing the checks, but management does.

once you deem a new kicker is needed, the cost doesnt matter because the contract of the new guy isnt guaranteed.  I guess I would like to know the definition of just sd bad.  if it is missing 5 kicks in 2 games, then yes I think Franks and Nugent can match that production for minimal cost.  Im a fan of neither, but  i would have more faith ib them exceeding that production then Folk.

By "just as bad" I mean missing kicks and costing us games. If we lose 20-21 and the new guy misses a kick or an extra point, that's just as bad as losing 19-14 and Folk missing three. 

Most games come down to one possession. We need a guy we can rely on. If there isn't one out there, he's no better than Folk. That said, I hope we try and find one. Like I said, I'm not signing the checks. If we need to go through a new kicker every few weeks, so be it. Just find a guy that can hit 80% or better and get through the season.

Unless we continue to try and outsmart everyone and make a trade. Which I don't see happening.

Archived