Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
.Buzz

Week 7 GDT: JAGUARS @ Chargers

Recommended Posts

Well then...

Gotta say, whenever you can bench a young QB for Mike Glennon you gotta do it. Good thinking Doug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Well then...

Gotta say, whenever you can bench a young QB for Mike Glennon you gotta do it. Good thinking Doug.

Why not Luton at that point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Why not Luton at that point. 

It's obvious Minshew is better than the rest of these guys. Probably a waving of the white flag since they know it'd be lost season at 1-6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It's obvious Minshew is better than the rest of these guys. Probably a waving of the white flag since they know it'd be lost season at 1-6.

Yes but if ur gonna bench him atleast see what luton can/cant do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Yes but if ur gonna bench him atleast see what luton can/cant do

Meh, I'd rather not. He provides an upside of getting a win or two and at this point I'm not sure what good that does. If we want a QB we likely have to be in the top 3-4.

Minshew is here for less than $1M for another two years. I don't see us cutting him or letting him go unless we got offered a solid pick, which after this year I'd say is doubtful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Well then...

Gotta say, whenever you can bench a young QB for Mike Glennon you gotta do it. Good thinking Doug.

You think that would happen during the game if he struggles, or moving forward? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KellChippy said:

You think that would happen during the game if he struggles, or moving forward? 

I mean, if we get down by enough and this is legit being discussed I'd expect during the late stages of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, if we get down by enough and this is legit being discussed I'd expect during the late stages of the game.

Man, I (along with the majority of the world’s population I assume) hope he lights it up then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Man, I (along with the majority of the world’s population I assume) hope he lights it up then.

He's been legitimately bad the past 3 weeks. Missing open guys, inaccurate, leaving the pocket early, etc.

I think we should see him for a whole year but he isn't a franchise QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta think if we bench Minshew I may be done here with this franchise. Not because I think he’s that good. But because I think he’s not as awful as the other options.

 

FOr what it’s worth I don’t think he’s as bad as he’s played the last few weeks either. Still has potential IMO to be a good game manager. But our play calling has been horrendous. That coupled with starting so far behind after a couple of drives the first few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He's been legitimately bad the past 3 weeks. Missing open guys, inaccurate, leaving the pocket early, etc.

I think we should see him for a whole year but he isn't a franchise QB. 

I haven’t watched any of those full games but he looked pretty bad against Miami in terms of accuracy and decision making.  But, I think if he is benched, he will probably end up back in after the backups perform just as bad/worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just holding the ball forever. You're begging to get sacked their Gardner...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...