Week 7 GDT: JAGUARS @ Chargers

.Buzz

We are up to #3 in draft order I believe now.

As long as we can stay top 3-4 I'm good. Ideally top 2 but since it's us I imagine we win a game or two and end up with Lance (who I'm good with as long as we get a competent HC or OC to groom).

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel gross for rooting for us to lose but I was happy in the end. Nice to see J-Rob have a good game too

He is a stud.

At least we have some building blocks on offense with Robinson, Shenault and Chark. Add a QB (Lawrence/Fields/Lance) and a TE worth a damn, and we could be working with something next season.

Like, how do you have a guy top 5 on your board that clearly isn't a fit in the scheme you run and you know the DC is set in his ways and forces players to play the way he wants rather than adapts his scheme to his players?

Chaisson was raw as is, add in the fact you put his hand in the dirt (which he's never done) and...well,,, 

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Like, how do you have a guy top 5 on your board that clearly isn't a fit in the scheme you run and you know the DC is set in his ways and forces players to play the way he wants rather than adapts his scheme to his players?

Chaisson was raw as is, add in the fact you put his hand in the dirt (which he's never done) and...well,,, 

Chaisson should be playing sam lber for us like barr. 

Chaissons problem seems to be a strength thing in the 4-3 in the dirt. 

I don't see the problem taking him in round 1.  Sure he could turn out like mingo but let the guy have at least 2 years since he was raw coming out. 

I want to see us move to a 3-4.  

Allen and Chaisson would thrive in it. Hamilton fits in at nt. Smoot could work at an end. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

Chaisson should be playing sam lber for us like barr. 

Chaissons problem seems to be a strength thing in the 4-3 in the dirt. 

I don't see the problem taking him in round 1.  Sure he could turn out like mingo but let the guy have at least 2 years since he was raw coming out. 

I want to see us move to a 3-4.  

Allen and Chaisson would thrive in it. Hamilton fits in at nt. Smoot could work at an end. 

He shouldn't be playing SAM either. We should be running a 3-4 with Chaisson and Allen off the edge...ya know, like Marrone/Caldwell said we'd do this year back in the offseason.

A SAM LB shouldn't be top 5 on your board either if that's what they had in store. That position gets very moderate amount of snaps.

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Lawrence/Fields/Lance in the top 5

Freiermuth with Rams pick

Address defense with our 70 million in cap room.

Fire Doug

Fire Caldwell

Hire Eric Bieniemy

That’s where I’m at at the halfway mark (kind of) of the season.

Problem is that there's not much quality in free agent defenders from what i first glanced at it. 

I would like toub/fassell so we can have 2 good playcallers at the coordinator

Just now, .Buzz said:

He shouldn't be playing SAM either. We should be running a 3-4 with Chaisson and Allen off the edge...ya know, like Marrone/Caldwell said we'd do this year back in the offseason.

A SAM LB shouldn't be top 5 on your board either if that's what they had in store. That position gets very moderate amount of snaps.

Yes and no.  Chaisson could be used at de and i think Chaisson could be fine as a nickle lber as well. 

Its just stupid how wash still has a job. If i was that incompetent and bad at my job id be fired. 

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Chark is 1000 percent done with Minshew.

Body language says it all. Can't blame him. ARob with Bortles all over again.

Sorry, but I can't get behind that. Frustration is understandable, but visibly quitting on your QB is childish diva behavior. Not the kind of stuff you saw from Larry Fitz or Hopkins when they played with terrible QBs for years. 

Unsure why this team seems to be a magnet for attitude problems in recent years. Probably speaks to the coaching.