Sign in to follow this  
.Buzz

Week 7 GDT: JAGUARS @ Chargers

29 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Sorry, but I can't get behind that. Frustration is understandable, but visibly quitting on your QB is childish diva behavior. Not the kind of stuff you saw from Larry Fitz or Hopkins when they played with terrible QBs for years. 

Unsure why this team seems to be a magnet for attitude problems in recent years. Probably speaks to the coaching. 

Idk, I definitely feel like I remember seeing stuff like that from Hopkins back when he had Osweiler/Savage and co throwing the rock. Think most WRs are that way...

Chark has always been talked about as the quiet and humble guy, but when you're 1-6, beating your man and getting the ball sailed over your head/not close as often as it's been it's going to get to you. Obviously I'd prefer he not get upset either/show frustrations that alter his play but these guys are competitive. Can't blame him when the only way he can do his job is if the QB gives him a chance (and hasn't exactly done it much lately). We've seen visible frustration from Cole (who I've never seen do this either) and Shenault the past couple weeks as well. So it's not just Chark...

Just my $0.02.

This has been a thing during Marrone’s entire tenure (and started the last couple weeks of Gus’s time here). This team turtles up any time they’re under pressure, because Marrone isn’t capable of rallying the troops when things go bad.

This is the point when things start to go off the rails for any team in this situation. A coach with good people management skills (and also who hasn’t worn out their welcome) can get players to stay engaged and stay trying. A lame duck without the skill to get players to dig deep is just going to get what you’re seeing now. 

5 hours ago, pwny said:

This has been a thing during Marrone’s entire tenure (and started the last couple weeks of Gus’s time here). This team turtles up any time they’re under pressure, because Marrone isn’t capable of rallying the troops when things go bad.

This is the point when things start to go off the rails for any team in this situation. A coach with good people management skills (and also who hasn’t worn out their welcome) can get players to stay engaged and stay trying. A lame duck without the skill to get players to dig deep is just going to get what you’re seeing now. 

Not to mention this current team is so young it needs that rally cry sometimes