Bengals vs. Browns - CARPALICIOUS

theJ

Just now, INbengalfan said:

The line actually looked better after the backups came in, minus the 2 penalties.  I'd be lying if I said I was holding my breath when Hart walked off.  More like a twinkle in the eye thing.

Hart actually didn’t play too bad. 

this defense though, man oh man. How can you not play prevent defense with 16 seconds left off a timeout 

Joe Burrow is for real. Hate knowing we're gonna have to face him twice a year for the next several years. But man, get him an OL (although it wasn't nearly as bad as it week back in week 2) and get a defense. Both Cincinnati's and Cleveland's defense are pathetic. I can't even imagine how bad the Browns' defense would be without Garrett.

• Like 1

This was the first game that was on TV in my area this year.

I decided not to watch lol.

Looks like Burrow had a pretty decent game, outside the INT.  Also looks like the defense fell apart in the second half.  And maybe AJ Green isn't done?

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I wouldn't go that far, but yes, we need pass rush help

Maybe the draft goes..

1.  OT

2.  DE

3 OG

Guess it comes down to value.  If we're choosing in last years draft between Chase Young and Mekhi Becton it's pretty obviously Young.  This draft looks like Sewell is the guy, but if he's gone,  the answer may not be so obvious  

2 hours ago, theJ said:

This was the first game that was on TV in my area this year.

I decided not to watch lol.

Looks like Burrow had a pretty decent game, outside the INT.  Also looks like the defense fell apart in the second half.  And maybe AJ Green isn't done?

AJ has shown signs of life for two weeks now.  Perhaps rumors of his demise were greatly exaggerated.

The INT by Burrow came down to scheme.  It was a poorly designed play with the primary receiver coming open,  but another receiver staying in to block leaving the corner covering him standing in the passing lane.  Burrow needs to see that, but it was a poor design.

Price played pretty well in relief I thought.  Center is his best position. 

57 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Guess it comes down to value.  If we're choosing in last years draft between Chase Young and Mekhi Becton it's pretty obviously Young.  This draft looks like Sewell is the guy, but if he's gone,  the answer may not be so obvious  

I'd put Leatherwood up there with Sewell.  The guy I think we need to avoid is Micah Parsons.

53 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I don't see the hype with Leatherwood TBH. Aside from Sewell, this is supposed to be a weak OT class.

I've seen Bama play twice now and both times he had quick feet and was strong at the point of attack.  I think he'd be a strong RT with Jonah at LT.  I'd take Sewell over him sure, but I don't think Leatherwood is just another guy.  Sewell would move Jonah to RT.

Edited by THE DUKE

6 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I wouldn't go that far, but yes, we need pass rush help

Maybe the draft goes..

1.  OT

2.  DE

3 OG

I guess the 'good thing' is we have so many holes that the Bengals can draft BPA.

I wouldn't be upset if the Bengals went OL, CB, DE, or DT with their first pick.  Safety, RB, WR, or LB would annoy me...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I guess the 'good thing' is we have so many holes that the Bengals can draft BPA.

I wouldn't be upset if the Bengals went OL, CB, DE, or DT with their first pick.  Safety, RB, WR, or LB would annoy me...

I really wish we would try to grab Quinnen Williams from the Jets

• Like 2