Ragnarok

BDL 2020 Week 7 - Camden Hood Rats @ Singapore Sentinels

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Singapore Sentinels

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2020 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2020 Week 7

Match: Camden Hood Rats @ Singapore Sentinels

Away Owner: @Jlash

Home Owner: @SirA1

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

Camden

QB- Russell Wilson
RB- Zeke Elliott
WR- DeAndre Hopkins
WR- AJ Brown
Slot- Cooper Kupp
TE- Rob Gronkowski
LT- Isaiah Wynn
LG- Forrest Lamp
C- Cody Whitehair
RG- Brian Winters
RT- Orlando Brown Jr
TE- Harrison Bryant
TE- Evan Engram
RB- Damien Harris
OL- Garrett Bolles
OL- Ethan Pocic

DE- Yannick Ngakoue
DT- Dexter Lawrence
DT- Vernon Butler
DE- Maxx Crosby
LB- Jaylon Smith
LB- Mack Wilson
LB- Todd Davis
CB- Denzel Ward
CB- Darius Phillips
S- Justin Reid
S- Keanu Neal
CB- Jimmy Moreland
DL- Poona Ford
DL- Neville Gallimore
S- Deshon Elliott
S- Amani Hooker

Singapore Sentinels
QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Kareem Hunt 
RB2: CEH
WR1: Keenan Allen 
WR2: Lavishka Shenault Jr. 
TE1: Darren Waller
LT: Duane Brown
LG: Bradley Bozeman 
😄 Eric McCoy 
RG: Matt Feiler
RT: Jack Conklin
--------------------
RB3: Chris Carson
RB4: James Conner
TE2: Darren Fells
TE3: Jason Witten
WR3: Gabriel Davis
WR4: Darnell Mooney
WR4: Cole Beasley
OL6: Nate Davis

DE: Robert Quinn
DT: Aaron Donald 
DT: Fletcher Cox
DE: Preston Smith
MLB: Deion Jones
WLB: Kevin Pierre-Louis 
CB: Kyle Fuller
CB: Quinton Dunbar 
NCB: Jonathan Jones 
S: John Johnson III
S: Desmond King II
--------------------
DL3: Bilal Nichols
DE3: Markus Golden
DE3: Charles Harris
DE5/LB3: Hasson Reddick 
LB4: Andrew Van Ginkel
CB4: Rashad Fenton
S3/CB5: Ryan Neal
S4: Tracy Walker III  

CAMDEN

Offense
We get to head to Singapore this week to take on a defense built to attack from within. With Aaron Donald and now Fletcher Cox the Sing Sing defense wants interior pressure to disrupt everything,  We'll need to get creative to win this one. 

Give them the unexpected- Zeke fumbled twice last week and everyone made sure to choose that as a good reason to go against me in a game that wasn't close to begin with, but it was an easy target and we get that. But we can't afford to shy away from him this week. With a defensive line built to attack, you need to give them reason to pause, and if we can cause them to over run plays by just taking off and pass rushing we need to do that. Our run game won't be the focal point this week, but giving Zeke the ball early in this game is going to be important. Expect motions from WR's and TE's, with Jet action involved to force distractions on the DL, with lots of counters and delays on the ground.

Give them the expected- I'm sure everyone is assuming we'll abandon the run and toss is around all day, which we will, sort of. Based off our early game strategy of taking the fight to the Singapore DL by forcing their aggression to work against them, we'll work off all that jet motion and misdirection to let Russ use the passing game weapons to do some damage also. Expect a lot of PA, we'll take deep shots to AJ Brown, Hilton and to a lesser extent Hightower and Hamler. There's a 50/50 chance Hamler blows out his hamstrings and Hightower pan-hands the ball but the defense has to respect their ability to get deep when they're on the field and that opens things up for Hopkins and Kupp. Expect a lot of quick routes from these two to give Russ an out if the pass rush gets too hot.  If Sing goes heavy Cover 2, Gronk will be very involved today working the middle of the field, if they want to isolate the middle of the field he'll do most of his damage in the redzone on fades. 

Max protect- Expect us to leave Zeke in to help battle Donald on the interior, and even in some situations we'll replace the TE with another OL to allow Donald to get doubled on obvious passing downs without exposing a TE to taking on a DE 1v1. If we can get some extra time in these scenarios, that's where we'll use some of our speed guys to test these safeties. 

Defense (4-3 cover 1 base)
Singapore's offenses are always balanced, but lean towards ball control because they have 37 good RB's at all times. Forcing them out of their comfort zone is our goal today.

Press everything, force the ball to be thrown deep- We want to press everyone today, and force Brady to have to take deep shots to beat us. His team was built to dink and dunk because that's what he's limited to now with a career low YPA, so if we can just press everything we can, bring an extra defender down into the middle of the field with our cover 1 and make it so they can't advance the ball without going deep, then that's what we'll do. Ward will follow Allen today, with everyone else falling into line after that. Neal and Jaylon Smith will rotate on Waller, leaving the other 2 LB's and whichever one is left to worrying about defender the run and/or covering the backs on the swing passes and flat routes they like so much. Occasionally we'll throw some zone in with our LB's just floating and taking space in the intermediate part of the field hoping to catch Tom lacking on a quick slant and not seeing a LB.

Hit ole Tom- We know Brady can't get out of the pocket to save his life these days, but the trick is getting to him. We like our DE's, but we know our DT's are purely built to eat space. So we'll look to bring some occasional LB blitzes, safety blitzes with Neal and some stunts from our DE's to the inside to keep the OL and Brady guessing. 

SINGAPORE

Motivation - Achieve a winning record from our home base. We will be allowing 50% capacity in the stands this week to help our defense by making some noise. Masks and distancing rules apply. 

Offensive Strategy
Formations:  2 RB/ 3WR/ 4WR 
Scheme:  Pass (50%) vs Run (50%)

Rushing
Position Depth: Kareem Hunt/  CEH / Chris Carson / James Conner / Myles Gaskin

Hunt and CEH get the start this week using 21 personnel. Carson and Conner will spell them and Conner will handle short yardage/goal line plays. Hunt and CEH are threats both in the run game and passing game out of the backfield or in the slot. They will each get about 10-15 carries with the WR getting some Jet sweeps. Using 21 personnel we hope to grind down the Camden DL and LBs to create  big plays later in the game and steal this victory.

The versatility of our offensive weapons allows them to line up in multiple spots and give Brady a quick out to move the ball. Camden has a decent but young  interior DL so we will run to the outside against the weaker Edge defenders and set up the pass for Brady with some play action

Passing
When not handing it off, Brady will be employing a quick passing game that includes our backs on swing and flat routes. We want a short passing game to extend drives and tire out the Hood Rat defense. Our receiving core of Keenan Allen/WR, Laviska Shenault Jr /WR and Darren Waller/TE will flood the field with a variety of routes (slants, crossing, and fades primarily). Shenault leads the league in broken tackles and adds more elusiveness to our main offense this week and gets involved on Jet sweeps and also will line up in the backfield with the RB going out to the Slot

In 3 WR formations Gabriel Davis brings some field stretching capability to go along with Allen and Shenault’s route running skills. In 4 WR formations Mooney adds speed to the field. Misdirection will allow our playmakers to keep the chains moving and outscore the Hood Rats.

Defensive Strategy
Formation:  4-2-5 Defense / 3-3-5 / 3-2-6

Our main defensive formation will consist of the 4-2-5 (Nickle). In my opinion, this formation is putting our best 11 on the field thus giving our defense the best chance to dismantle their offensive game plan.   

Rush Defense
Zeke is a big name for Camden at RB so we obviously will prepare to stop the run. He has been struggling a bit this season with ball control (5 fumbles) a trend we hope to continue to facilitate. Aaron Donald and Fletcher Cox form our new dynamic duo in the middle. Both wyly vets can clog the middle and get penetration to collapse the pocket on DangeRuss. KPL will keep an eye on Wilson as he is also a threat to run. Deion Jones is going to have coverage on Gronk with some help. Van Grinkel comes off the bench if Camden  goes run heavy in 21 personnel. 

Pass Rush
Preston Smith and Robert Quinn set the edges and we will be dialing up blitz packages this week to force Wilson to throw quickly and not give his receivers time to develop their routes. So we’ll look to exploit things by keeping the pressure on for the bulk of the game with a safety blitz or the LB spying on Wilson putting pressure on him as well.The depth off the bench in Golden, Harris and Reddick will make sure that Wilson, sacked 15 times this year,  has no time and nowhere to run all day. 

Pass Defense - Scheme:  Cover 2 Man 
Hopkins is the clear WR1 and will draw coverage from Kyle Fuller with help from John Johnson over the top. Dunbar will cover Brown with Secret Slot Superstar Jonathan Jones covering Kupp. Desmond King will help keep Gronk locked down this week over the top with Jones having underneath coverage. We are confident that our secondary is up to the task of preventing this passing game from developing.We think our guys can keep the Hood Rats receivers covered long enough for our pass rushers to get to Russ so he won’t be able to cook today. 

Coverage Assignments:
·         DeAndre Hopkins / Kyle Fuller CB + John Johnson S
·        A.J. Brown / Quinton Dunbar - CB 
·        Cooper Kupp / Jonathan Jones - CB
·        Gronk / Deion Jones LB + Desmond King II - S

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

We want to press everyone today, and force Brady to have to take deep shots to beat us. His team was built to dink and dunk because that's what he's limited to now with a career low YPA, so if we can just press everything we can, bring an extra defender down into the middle of the field with our cover 1 and make it so they can't advance the ball without going deep, then that's what we'll do.

You aren't the first person to bring this up and it's just a fallacy the Brady can't throw deep. 

He has more 40+ yd passes than Mahomes and more 20+ yard passes than Russell Wilson.

The bold is also a false statement.

He's had a lower YPA in several years and several of those were Superbowl winning ones.

3 hours ago, SirA1 said:

He's had a lower YPA in several years and several of those were Superbowl winning ones.

Actually, you're right on that one. It's tied for his second career lowest in the last decade, more importantly. 2003 and 2006 were lower. 2019 was horrendous.

pineapple express GIF

Ooo old guy can't throw deep ball argument. I'm here for it 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Ooo old guy can't throw deep ball argument. I'm here for it 

Haha. I shouldn't say he can't, but I think he's better off not doing it. 

21 hours ago, Jlash said:

Actually, you're right on that one. It's tied for his second career lowest in the last decade, more importantly. 2003 and 2006 were lower. 2019 was horrendous.

pineapple express GIF

And it will be going up since his last game was 8.2 YPA.

I like Camden here.  They game planned well for their opponent and stopping Brady.  I feel their offense will be good enough to outscore what Singapore will be able to do.  

A few weeks ago this would have been an auto vote for Camden for me, but BDL is ever evolving.  I like Sing's offensive plan and think they have a successful effort with their RBs, as Camden barely addressed defending the ground game.  With Brady looking like Brady again, it was smart for the Rats to address his tendencies and covered the bases well, but challenged him to go deep and he proved this week he still can, so that's rough timing.  On the other side of the ball, we all know that Russ is awesome and Zeke is struggling,  but I like AJ Brown to have a game in this one.  Surprising Gronk wasn't even mentioned as I think Russ is at his most effective spreading it around.  With Wilson's propensity to extend plays rather than hitting quick routes, I think Sing's D Line gets to him one too many times and that's the difference to me.  Sing.

I'm giving Camden the edge simply because I think Russ is going to go ballistic in his last game as a Hood Rat.

So in using Hunt and CEH, what happens on pure running plays? Does one of them pretend they became a lead blocker?

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

So in using Hunt and CEH, what happens on pure running plays? Does one of them pretend they became a lead blocker?

Not a big fan of this, and I think Wilson with those receivers gives Camden the win.

Camden matches really well with Singapore here. I think that front four is going to cause trouble but at least the mobility and reliability of Hopkins gives a significant upside.

I think Camden also has a viable defense to contain Singapore’s big weapons with Jaylon Smith and Denzel Ward handling Waller and Allen.

Ultimately with a close matchup like this I’ll factor in the real life performance and that gives a victory to the home team.