Week Seven Post Game: Packers Ride Adams to W Over Texans

mikebpackfan

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sure, but the two throw aways weren't miscommunications. They were heaves into the first row of the stands

This is specifically why I can't really take a stance on who's a good WR outside of Adams and Lazard, nor can I bring myself to advocate trading for a top-tier WR - especially given the more balanced offense we have under MLF where the run game actually works most of the time...

Edited by Joe

43 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What part of that statement is incorrect?

Regarding the specific issue of 2 of his 4 targets possibly being throwaways? You may very well be right there, I can't remember the plays, but I'm generally commenting on the larger issue that is MVS as an NFL WR. And I'm also just giving you a hard time. But there are facts here: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're thinking of Zack Martin. Nick Martin is a league average Center on a good day and is a better pass blocker than run blocker. 

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-draft-history-grades-and-stats-for-every-first-and-second-round-pick-since-2015-afc-south-edition

Nick Martin, C

Round 2, Pick 50

Career-high overall grade: 62.7 (2017)

Nick Martin has been a two-year starter at center for the Texans and is coming off a season where he allowed only 18 pressures on 733 pass-blocking snaps. Despite his above-average pass-blocking grade of 79.1 in 2018, his overall grade remained low at 59.3 due to his underperformance in the running game.

Wrong again... The Packers played the Texans, so of course I'm talking about Nick Martin. The same Nick Martin that plays like Corey Linsley.

NFL services scouting report: A feisty, physical leader in the middle of the O-line. Able to line up capably at center or guard, and brings great strength and effort to his blocks. Gets a lock on immediately off the snap, and then anchors the middle of the line until the whistle.

Anyway, as stated, Adams has been anchoring and playing well just like he did the 2nd half of 2018... You can deny and deflect all you like, yet it doesn't change the situation.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This doesn't mean anything without removing the throw aways. MVS has been the target of more throw aways than Lazard has incompletions.

Marking MVS for 0-4 yesterday is nonsense when 2-4 were throwaways, and another was arguably a bad throw.

Wrong again... MVS was 0-2 on targets with an awful drop and a defendable ball.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Regarding the specific issue of 2 of his 4 targets possibly being throwaways? You may very well be right there, I can't remember the plays, but I'm generally commenting on the larger issue that is MVS as an NFL WR. And I'm also just giving you a hard time. But there are facts here: 

Wow, Schneidman nailed... Of course I knew MVS was having a brutal time catching the ball this year. Didn't know it was this bad.

25 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Wrong again... The Packers played the Texans, so of course I'm talking about Nick Martin. The same Nick Martin that plays like Corey Linsley.

NFL services scouting report: A feisty, physical leader in the middle of the O-line. Able to line up capably at center or guard, and brings great strength and effort to his blocks. Gets a lock on immediately off the snap, and then anchors the middle of the line until the whistle.

Anyway, as stated, Adams has been anchoring and playing well just like he did the 2nd half of 2018... You can deny and deflect all you like, yet it doesn't change the situation.

Jesus, look up the worst player in the league you can think of and they're not going to say anything bad about the dude. That's the most generic Center shooting report ever drafted.

The guy is so good that they rank 32nd in the league in rushing yards per game?

24 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Did . . . Did you read what I wrote?

Yes, you were wrong... You glossed over MVS's brutal drop then tried to spin another throw as a possible bad throw... The only things bad were MVS and your attempt at deflection.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jesus, look up the worst player in the league you can think of and they're not going to say anything bad about the dude. That's the most generic Center shooting report ever drafted.

The guy is so good that they rank 32nd in the league in rushing yards per game?

Yeah, that's just nonsense and deflection... Again, you're wrong about Adams. It doesn't matter how much BS you throw up the situation doesn't change... Adams has been solid since the bye.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

You're going to die on this hill aren't you? I respect it. We all have to die defending something. 

There was merit to AG's post. A couple of those targets were throw aways. There was 2 legitimate target to MVS yesterday 1 for a first down and he dropped it. The other was a bad pass early in the game that didn't even make it to MVS's feet. The other 2 were bad throw aways.

2 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Yes, you were wrong... You glossed over MVS's brutal drop then tried to spin another throw as a possible bad throw... The only things bad were MVS and your attempt at deflection.

Not that anyone needs me to speak for them, but I think AG20 was originally commenting on the 0 for 4 stat, so if 50% of the 4 have nothing to do with MVS, then it's an important point.  Still, my own point is that it seems Rodgers thinks MVS is often in a place where he's not supposed to be.  Some of those throw-aways might be a cumulative process with MVS. If the play is a quick release, or MVS is a second- or third read, maybe Rodgers has come to expect MVS to be an unreliable route runner, and Rodgers probably wouldn't spend extra time in a collapsing pocket trying to locate him. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This doesn't mean anything without removing the throw aways. MVS has been the target of more throw aways than Lazard has incompletions.

Marking MVS for 0-4 yesterday is nonsense when 2-4 were throwaways, and another was arguably a bad throw.

Okay.  So, there is no official statistic for throw aways, but I get where you are going on that train of thought.

But....does Rodgers only throw it away to MVS?  I really haven't noticed.  His completion percentage is so high this year (66%) that I guess I don't recall exactly who he is throwing it to on those throw away.  But I do venture a guess that it isn't "just" MVS.

If you look at the yearly targets versus completions, MVS is the outlier (in a bad way).  And he isn't being thrown 4 deep contested balls a game.

34 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Yeah, that's just nonsense and deflection... Again, you're wrong about Adams. It doesn't matter how much BS you throw up the situation doesn't change... Adams has been solid since the bye.

I think he's gotten better, but he's not solid.  I think he plays too reckless out there and it often times has led to him being moved too much. (momentum)

But...he looks improved over last year and from the first two weeks this year.  But I'm not about to say "solid" just yet.  Certainly more active.  Certainly trending in the right direction.