Week 7 vs Chiefs

lomaxgrUK

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Lock is showing a lot of what I saw on film in college. It’s disappointing but he still hasn’t played a lot of football at this level.

I don't think he got a lot of help today and the offensive play calling has been abysmal I mean Noah Fant should of been on a milk carton till like late 3rd quarter.

I thought Lock tried playing hero ball too much early and often. Instead of taking wide open underneath throws he'd go deep.

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't think he got a lot of help today and the offensive play calling has been abysmal I mean Noah Fant should of been on a milk carton till like late 3rd quarter.

I thought Lock tried playing hero ball too much early and often. Instead of taking wide open underneath throws he'd go deep.

And he did this in college. He doesn’t look good. I still have hope for some improvements but I’ve had hope before. 

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't think he understands the game at this level. He's absolutely in love with the home run ball.

Note to Drew. If you really want to cut the heart out of a defense a 12+ play, 80 yd, 8 minute TD drive will do that far more effectively than an 80 yard bomb. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I don't think he understands the game at this level. He's absolutely in love with the home run ball.

Note to Drew. If you really want to cut the heart out of a defense a 12+ play, 80 yd, 8 minute TD drive will do that far more effectively than an 80 yard bomb. 

I thought he looked way better with Rich Scangrello and I'm not sure what Shurmer did with dan jones to give him the job over rich.

Trade up for Trevor Lawrence, and get Riley as a HC...that is a great rebuild in my mind.

I dont think we could get to #1 for Lawrence if we offered 4 1st round picks, maybe even 5. 

Lock looked like the player I thoguht we drafted, as most know I was quite low on him. He was such a pleasant surprise at the end of last year but all the bad habits have returned. Its possible that the player we see now is the real Lock, the Lock myself and others saw as a prospect, and the guy we saw at the end of last year was an anomoly. 

For a minute there I thought we had a Justin Herbert like talent on our hands .Had to do it, didnt like him either and he has been just a joy to watch so far. Shoot, screw Lawrence I would probably throw 4 R1 picks for Justin at this moment. There is a good chance 50% of our division has the next generation of great QB's. Let that sink in, 4 time a year. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I dont think we could get to #1 for Lawrence if we offered 4 1st round picks, maybe even 5. 

Agreed.  We are in the 1.12 slot right now and, in my estimation, only 2 of the teams ahead of us have foreseeable certainty at the QB position (CIN & LAC).  This is going to be an abnormally difficult year to secure a premiere QB through the draft as their are so many QB-needy teams and such a widespread recognition that Lawrence and Fields are LEGIT legit prospects. We aren't bad enough to compete with the other teams in free fall mode (NYJ, NYG, JAX, etc.) so would expect that it'll either be Lock (most likely) or some stopgap FA in 2021.

I don't think Lock is as good as he appeared to be late last season or as bad as he's been the last two weeks.  My hope is that he'll approach this situation with some humility, evaluate what he's doing poorly, and look to make small incremental improvements throughout the season.  The constant theme I'm seeing (as mentioned briefly in @lomaxgrUK's film thread) is that he's trying to be more than we need him to be.  He's forcing difficult passes and exiting the pocket earlier than he needs to.  We need him to hand the ball off 24-32x/game, run play action effectively, take what's available, and deliver the ball to playmakers.  Ultimately I'm not sure the end of last year was good for his development longterm because, at this point in his career, he is not a "get on my back" guy and that shouldn't be the expectation. 

Edited by bMiller031

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Denver isn’t going to play this bad every week.  If Lock would’ve missed the year there may have been a shot at getting in the top 5.

Denver isn’t getting another QB.  Lock needs to progress.  This was a terrible showing and really his first.  I hope it was a humbling experience.  I have a love/hate relationship with Lock’s personality.  I like the fact that he thinks he’s the best, but I also think he needs to tone it down until he actually accomplishes something. It’s almost as if at times he’s preoccupied with being the guy the cameras need to be on.  

i love the swagger. dont get me wrong. but i knew when that dance happened it was like ... bro ... we went 0/6 in the red zone last week. we just scored a touchdown on a 20 yard drive. the chiefs have pounded our skull into the ground for 8 straight games ..... and of course yeah the rest of the game went how it did lol.

he was brutal today. need to see some progression for sure. unfortunately we haven't had almost any games where everything comes together for us over the past few years. 

• Like 1

Well, if you want to feel better watch the highlights and focus on Bolles. He absolutely owns Frank Clark

We called a play with 11-12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter where he pulled from the LT spot and led a nice sweep. I don't think there's more than a few LT's you could even try that with. Damn he gets there fast.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Well, if you want to feel better watch the highlights and focus on Bolles. He absolutely owns Frank Clark

We called a play with 11-12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter where he pulled from the LT spot and led a nice sweep. I don't think there's more than a few LT's you could even try that with. Damn he gets there fast.

It's like he's a different person. He's finally come into his own. We're probably going to lose him too after we declined his option.

If you had told me before this game that Denver was going to outgain Kansas City 411 yards to 286, generate 7 more first downs, win the time of possession battle by 7 minutes, hold them to 0 for 8 on 3rd down... and still somehow manage to get completely blown out I would have said... Yeah, that sounds about right.

As an organization, the Broncos are a joke. We're in an era that all but begs teams to put up 30 a night, and despite spending 8 out of our last 10 first and second round picks on offensive talent, we haven't averaged more than 20 points per game in 5 years. We're routinely out coached. We're routinely outplayed. And we're routinely overwhelmed in all phases. You know, there was a time once when I thought Elway was a team building genius, but I was wrong. In hindsight, he made two brilliant moves: He drafted Von Miller (not that it takes a rocket scientist to draft a player like that) and he lured PFM to town. Without Manning, none of Elway's success as a GM would have existed. Even the 2015 defense. You think Talib, Ward, Darian Stewart, or Wade Phillips would have come here if Peyton Manning hadn't already turned us back into a powerhouse again? Not in a million years. I'm calling it now:

Elway is toast. So is Joe Ellis. And as far as I'm concerned, those two can't leave this team fast enough.

• Like 2