Thomas

Evans

Hopkins

Hill

Julio Jones

Godwin

Adams

Allen Robinson

...are all guys I think are clearly better. Then you can get into arguments about him/where he falls with guys like Amari Cooper, Kenny Galladay, Keenan Allen, Steffon Diggs, etc., not to mention your young up and comers like the kid in Tennessee (Brown?).

I think you could make a legitimate argument that OBJ isn't even a Top 10 WR anymore. Perhaps it's a fit/chemistry thing with Baker, and perhaps it's just that he doesn't have that same "wow, he got shot out of a cannon" acceleration/burst anymore. I'm not sure tbh. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, I'd take Evans 100 times out of 100 over OBJ and wouldn't think twice about it. Evans is a top 3-4 WR, IMO.

People sleep on him, but he's an athletic freak who had been productive with Jameis Winston scattershotting the ball.

He's one of only two WRs in NFL history who has six consecutive 1,000 seasons to start his career.

The other guy? Randy Moss. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Then you can get into arguments about him/where he falls with guys like Amari Cooper, Kenny Galladay, Keenan Allen, Steffon Diggs, etc., not to mention your young up and comers like the kid in Tennessee (Brown?).

I wanted to bring up Golliday, who is criminally underrated - and if you're bringing up AJ Brown, you've got to bring up DK Metcalf, who is playing above his ridiculous athleticism.

Yeah, I think you're onto something. You'd have to tell me why Beckham deserves to be inside top 10, because I don't see it. He's not the same guy from 2014-2017, his short area quickness and explosion is gone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I wanted to bring up Golliday, who is criminally underrated - and if you're bringing up AJ Brown, you've got to bring up DK Metcalf, who is playing above his ridiculous athleticism.

Yeah, I think you're onto something. You'd have to tell me why Beckham deserves to be inside top 10, because I don't see it. He's not the same guy from 2014-2017, his short area quickness and explosion is gone.

No doubt. I love Metcalf, and I think he's a legitimate superstar, and I really wanted him in Cleveland for sheer bloodline and nostalgia reasons...but he's also got one of the best QB in the game throwing him the ball. 

I think you need to convince me that he's Top 10. I think he's legitimately solid, but he's not transcendent anymore. 

• Like 1

I'm confused how fans could have watched Baker over the last season and 6 games and think its OBJ holding Baker back. I guess it fits the narrative people want to perpetuate. *shrug*

Hope he recovers well, even if it means playing for another team next year if the Browns release him or trade him. He's a great talent and the league is weaker without him and the others lost to injury this year.

Edited by Magnifico
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

I'm confused how fans could have watched Baker over the last season and 6 games and think its OBJ holding Baker back. I guess it fits the narrative people want to perpetuate. *shrug*

Hope he recovers well, even if it means playing for another team next year if the Browns release him or trade him. He's a great talent and the league is weaker without him and the others lost to injury this year.

I suppose we'll now find out if that's the case or not.

13 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I suppose we'll now find out if that's the case or not.

I don't think it's that black/white personally.

• Improving comfort in Stefanski's system.
  • Run game dominating even more making defences bite on PA and providing wide open throwing lanes.
  • Generally weak SoS this year for rest of season.

I hope he's great, Browns fans have suffered long enough, and you need to know whether he's worth the big 2nd contract.

However a lot of his mistakes since beginning of 2019 imo fall more on Baker's decision making/that OL/coaching, than the weapons.