Cam Newton's Paltry 1 Year Contract Makes Sense Right Now

Howler

49 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

McD stopped calling those Runs because like Carolina they knew it was just a matter of time before Cam got hurt thinking he's a 260lb LB.

Not sure why it was mentioned that McD has stopped calling designed run plays, because it hasn't stopped. It's gone down a bit, but he still does it. As for the injuries, he tends to get injured when passing, historically. The TJ Watt hit to ruin his shoulder last time was a hit whilst throwing, apparently the training camp injury was on a pass too. 

I guess running does increase chance of injury, but I feel more comfortable with him running than I do when he's hanging in the pocket right now...both performance wise and potential injury

Edited by Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, Starless said:

Pats have the worst receiving corps in the league. Even the GOAT looked mediocre throwing to this bunch last season. Plus, for some reason, McDaniels basically stopped calling designed runs for Cam after week 3. 

Cam may very well be done. But saying so based on this year's performance isn't really fair. 

49ers defense has struggled stopping any QB running the ball this year. Daniel Jones even. I'm surprised they didn't run Cam more in the game. I thought that was going to be a clear ticket to putting the 49ers on the mat. 

Truth is, Cam looked good against some of the worst defenses in the league.

Media way overreacted to their close loss against Seattle. Patriots were going to be a bad team this year when Brady left and five(?) defensive starters opted out

Edited by FrantikRam

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

49ers defense has struggled stopping any QB running the ball this year. Daniel Jones even. I'm surprised they didn't run Cam more in the game. I thought that was going to be a clear ticket to putting the 49ers on the mat. 

I have a feeling McDaniels will go back to running Cam this week as the Bills have struggled big time against the run just like the niners have. The Pats lost more then just Tom and this has shown on both sides of the ball. 

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

No it's both, he too has been for a few years now. 

What's this based on? Last time he was healthy in 2018, he was playing very well until he hurt his shoulder vs the Steelers. Unless you're holding the injuries over him since the 2nd half of 2018 into last season, where he clearly shouldn't have even started the 1st 2 games. Yeah, this season hasn't been a good year for him, but calling him a bad QB over the last few years is inaccurate. 

11 hours ago, Dingo18287 said:
19 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

No it's both, he too has been for a few years now. 

What's this based on? Last time he was healthy in 2018, he was playing very well until he hurt his shoulder vs the Steelers. Unless you're holding the injuries over him since the 2nd half of 2018 into last season, where he clearly shouldn't have even started the 1st 2 games. Yeah, this season hasn't been a good year for him, but calling him a bad QB over the last few years is inaccurate. 

You just made an entire post describing how his play was in 2018/ 2019/2020. Not once did you describe it as above average to great.

This isnt the same Cam pre injury or 2015 MVP,  that's the point

I’m really surprised by these takes

well not really because football fans and analysts including 99% of y’all are not the sharpest 

But this guy was elite for 3 games and then got ******* covid. Maybe he’s not back to 100%? It’s been two bad games. Are we going to forget he threw for 400 yards and almost beat a 5 touchdown Russell Wilson?

the suggestion that the Pats are better with Hoyer or Stid is laughable. I’d rather watch Cam throw 3 picks a game for 16 games... at least with him you have some outside chance he will do something 

Edited by mission27
  • Like 1

I am not saying Cam Newton isn't done, but the Patriots offense is garbage.  They are likely bottom five, if not bottom three, in the league in offensive talent.  Look at Brady's production in 2019 vs 2020. 

They don't have a true #1 receiver and quite frankly probably don't have a good #2 WR either as Edelman is washed, Byrd is just a guy, and Harry hasn't fully developed yet (if ever).  And despite Harris and Michel being efficient in the ground game, Newton leads the team in rushing yards.

Again, maybe he's finished.  I don't doubt it.  But I don't think it's fair to act like he's holding the team back or something.  Quite frankly, the Patriots weren't even that good in 2019.  Their defense had a crazy good start, but after starting the season 8-0, they finished the season (including postseason) 4-5, averaging only 20.3 PPG (would have been 22nd in the NFL).  It would have been a miracle if Cam excelled with that offense.

IMO I think Cam can still be a quality starter (somewhere in the 20 range).  It isn't like he wasn't playing well at the start of the season.  But he's not good enough to carry a talent-depleted offense.  They just don't have the guys who can get separation.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RabidPanther89 said:

Congrats you just played yourself 

You still mad bro. 

It takes me 3 minutes to say you have no clue and move on.

You have no clue.

Your dude is a garbage passer with an 81.8 rating and a 25-26 record since he was too scared to go after a fumble in the Super Bowl. (1 minute on a website got me that info)

1 hour ago, RabidPanther89 said:

Lol as we discuss another I told ya so Cam thread. I don’t think Cam is beyond criticism. Rather just that a lot of it is ignorant and driven by false media narratives.

He plays like crap, does not win more than he loses, and he dresses like a clown.

Which one of those is false 🤣