Pats @ Bills GDT 11/1

bigbadbuff

Observations after week 8

• Taron Johnson can no longer play/start for us. He gets killed every game and it feels like every time an opposing WR gets a catch, its on him. We NEED to trade for a nickel/slot CB before tomorrow because EVERY team we've played has exploited this. 
  • Edmunds has been disappointing but it's hard to say if it's a slump or dealing with an injury. 
  • Feliciano makes this OL so much better
  • On offense i feel like we're pretty set. We need our TE's and John Brown to get fully healthy but I don't think we need to make any trades or improvements on the offensive side. The numbers haven't been great but the weather really affected this game and the KC game.
  • We need Milano full strength with the upcoming schedule
  • I love what Stefon Diggs has done for JA and the offense.
  • Zach Moss needs to get more touches 
Edited by The BILLievers
  • Like 2

Thank goodness we won and the offense looks respectable.

I'll take a W any day, but I can't remember a worse defense than what we're putting on the field this year. It's truly pathetic. We miss countless tackles every game. 

• A.J. Klein is awful. I was very wrong on him being a good potential pickup. Hopefully Darron Lee can replace him 100%. It can't get much worse. 
  • Taron Johnson went from the up and coming star nickel to one of the glaring weaknesses on the team. Desmond King anyone? Please inquire Beane!
  • We need a 1T. We've (not us here, but mostly the mass twitter idiots) been clearly underrating the effect Star had on the defense last year. Jordan Phillips too.
  • Edmunds has been disappointing overall as well. 
  • #2 CB will be a top target of mine in the draft. 
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nick said:

I'll take a W any day, but I can't remember a worse defense than what we're putting on the field this year. It's truly pathetic. We miss countless tackles every game. 

• A.J. Klein is awful. I was very wrong on him being a good potential pickup. Hopefully Darron Lee can replace him 100%. It can't get much worse. 
  • Taron Johnson went from the up and coming star nickel to one of the glaring weaknesses on the team. Desmond King anyone? Please inquire Beane!
  • We need a 1T. We've (not us here, but mostly the mass twitter idiots) been clearly underrating the effect Star had on the defense last year. Jordan Phillips too.

this is the frustrating thing I have with Beane is because we are wanting this team to make more then just one playoff game push. We were happy in 2017, then thought okay maybe 2nd rd last year cause the things were clicking and now I dont know if this team can get to round 2 with this defense. Teams in the AFC are upgrading before the trade deadline and we are settling to sign guys who were cut like Worley. As mentioned King was out there and now he was traded to the titans for a 6th rd pick. We could have easily given that up to land him but instead Beane is just settling for ex panthers. Just frustrating to see teams like the Steelers make a move for LB to better themselves who is 7-0, then titans taking King to better themselves and we are picking up scraps just to get by and hope one hits. Just not a win now mentality and the defense is starting to show that quality of players trumps quantity and them not making the right moves this past offseason killed this solid defense so I was hoping beane would fix his mistakes but it looks like we will not be making any moves from what is being mentioned about the bills organization as of right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

The defense has been so frustrating to watch, I have zero faith they can make a stop. Hell, even last year we allowed teams to move the ball at times but we always tightened up and had a great red zone D and 3rd down D. 

Matt Milano and Edmunds being injured are a big reason but AJ Klein, Edmunds, Taron Johnson, the pass rush have all been awful. 

Jordan Poyer has been unbelievable this season though. I feel like he's involved in every play and even though he let up the 2pt conversion yesterday he could not have been in better position. 

Loss of Star and Zo has been huge for this defense. Especially against the run. Coupled that with the injuries we have had at LB and it makes sense we’ve been struggling. 

I am very interested to see how Seattle and Arizona play us. Two teams who like to pass but know we’re bad against the run. Will they do what the Chiefs did or will they still try to throw it all around? 

I'll just say this- it was nice to see Moss and Singletary tear it up. That's an element this offense has lacked for year. It's been sorely missed. Also, good to see Daboll run a lot of single back runs. The O-line played well, too. Allen would benefit from having a strong ground game, too. Daboll has a tendency of straying away from the run game and it makes the offense one dimensional. Really hoping this is a sign of things to come.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I'll just say this- it was nice to see Moss and Singletary tear it up. That's an element this offense has lacked for year. It's been sorely missed. Also, good to see Daboll run a lot of single back runs. The O-line played well, too. Allen would benefit from having a strong ground game, too. Daboll has a tendency of straying away from the run game and it makes the offense one dimensional. Really hoping this is a sign of things to come.

I heard yesterday that the Bills practiced just two throws on Friday last week and the rest was running plays. Sounds like they knew what NE would do against them on D and they knew the run game had to work this week.

Proves how far Josh Allen has come as a thrower. KC laid out the blue print to slow him down -6 DBs - and that is exactly what NE did during the game. They didn’t want to get beat my Allen’s arm. They dared us to run. And we did. Very similar game to KC but we were in the opposite side this time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I wouldnt get to excited yet as the bills faced a bottom 10 rush defense and daboll knew to take advantage. If they can run on teams like Seattles rush d which is 6th, Chargers are 8th, and niners are 12th that is 3 of the next 4 games, if they can get it going against them then I think the offense took a step forward.This will be a real challenge for the run game. Also I know feliciano's strong suit is run blocking so having him back helped out a bit as well as he is a much better blocker then ford and winters. Hopefully Morse comes back this week and Ford slides to either RG or LG with Feliciano opposite while Winters comes off the bench.