Good, bad, ugly vs Tampa Bay

NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Carolina scored 30 on us and has averaged 21 ppg in their other games this season. 

Buffalo scored 30 on us and has averaged 17 ppg in their 3 games since. 

New England scored 36 on us (offense scored 29) and have averaged 9.3 ppg in their 3 games since. 

We literally cannot stop anyone so I agree we have to put up points, but you're never going to have a winning record if your defense allows 30+ every week. 

That's what made it frustrating that we went for 3 instead of 7 in the 4th quarter. Gruden has too much faith in our defense. 

You can’t be a box score bandit all the time. We all know the defense sucks but the offense isn’t doing them any favors either. Again we only put up 10 points by halftime. I think we lose about 99% of the time when we only put up 10 at the half. Defense ain’t holding Brady to under 10. Honestly if you told me we’d hold the bucs under 100yrds rushing as a team and hold mike Evans under 50 yards Semi contain gronk  and we still lose by 20+ I’d be Laughing at you. Basically we took the running game and mike Evans away a made someone else beat us. Brady like good qbs find some guy at the end of the bench and turn them in all pros for a day. They just smacked gb a week before and we didn’t have abrams or a rt. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You can’t be a box score bandit all the time. We all know the defense sucks but the offense isn’t doing them any favors either. Again we only put up 10 points by halftime. I think we lose about 99% of the time when we only put up 10 at the half. Defense ain’t holding Brady to under 10. Honestly if you told me we’d hold the bucs under 100yrds rushing as a team and hold mike Evans under 50 yards Semi contain gronk  and we still lose by 20+ I’d be Laughing at you. Basically we took the running game and mike Evans away a made someone else beat us. Brady like good qbs find some guy at the end of the bench and turn them in all pros for a day. They just smacked gb a week before and we didn’t have abrams or a rt. It is what it is. 

We needed to put 7 on the board instead of 3 when we were down 24-17 in the 4th. 

46 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Some good ideas here. Time had come to forget Ferrell as a RDE, he’s a base LDE at best. Crosby would be better on the weak side. Collins has been a big disappointment. 

Move Joyner back to safety as well. Dude cannot cover in the slot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Move Joyner back to safety as well. Dude cannot cover in the slot. 

You give a big contract to Kwit but make him a 2 down player lol. Makes no sense  😂 

basic changes off the top off my head:

- Insert Irving on passing downs 

- move Joyner to FS 

- play Nixon or Amik in the slot (should have kept Madre)

- keep Kwit and Littleton as our 2 main LBs when we play with 5 Dbs 

- give snaps to Vickers, Jones, Smith who were solid in KC 

- get creative with blitzes. Front four is not winning 1 on 1s 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

The turning point of the game was Gruden decision to kick the 3 in the redzone instead of 4th and 1. The team was never same after that

While that was a gutless call on Gruden. The turning point was 3rd and 13, playing a soft zone and letting Fournet get 13.5 yards to keep a drive alive.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not excusing the defense but holding Brady and that loaded bucs team to 24points in the 4th is ok with me especially without arguably our best db abrams. Dline sucked but again we’re not built to shut offenses out we’re a bend not break defense. 

not putting this game on carr cause he played his heart out. But the lack of rt killed us. Parker even almost took out Jacobs by stepping on his foot allowing a sack on carr.

I agree with your second comment but not the first sorry! 

We all know we're a 'bend don't break' defence but surely when you 'bend' that means giving up yards maybe but not points. Letting the offense gain ground but ultimately stopping them from putting the ball in the end zone and getting them to settle for 3 more often than taking 7.

If 'bending' is 45 points then what the heck is 'breaking' ................95 points? We didnt just break in the 4th quarter, it was nuclear fission.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We literally gave up 21 in the first half.  That's on the defense.  We couldn't stop them to save our lives.  Gronk wasn't shut down when he went 1 on 1 against Nevin Lawson (5'8").  The defense played terribly.  Mullen did his part to shut down Evans and our DL did what they could to stop the run.  The other WRs TB had literally went up against a bunch of scrub DBs.  We don't have Arnette and after him and Mullen we don't have another respectable CB.  Abram of course was out, which sucks.  But to blame the offense for only putting up 10 when TB had all day on offense to score is ridiculous.  They drove the entirety of the field for just about every single one of their scores.  We had chances to get 3 and outs and we played soft coverage.  Our DC failed us.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

We literally gave up 21 in the first half.  That's on the defense.  We couldn't stop them to save our lives.  Gronk wasn't shut down when he went 1 on 1 against Nevin Lawson (5'8").  The defense played terribly.  Mullen did his part to shut down Evans and our DL did what they could to stop the run.  The other WRs TB had literally went up against a bunch of scrub DBs.  We don't have Arnette and after him and Mullen we don't have another respectable CB.  Abram of course was out, which sucks.  But to blame the offense for only putting up 10 when TB had all day on offense to score is ridiculous.  They drove the entirety of the field for just about every single one of their scores.  We had chances to get 3 and outs and we played soft coverage.  Our DC failed us.

Gb has some of the best edge rushers in the nfl and Brady ......wait for it put up 21 pts at the half on them also

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I will agree with you that our DC failed us and has done so the entire year.  Only time our D has played well has come from effort and not scheme except for KC.  What I disagree with is the statement that they drove down the entire field for every score.  Our defense was on pace for our season averages when the Bucs scored 3 times in the 4th.  Those three drives were 67, 24, and 32 yards.  The offence failed us in the 4th but they had to be more aggressive to give us a chance.  The D played the way it has for most of the year which is not great but I put most of that on PG which means it is Gruden's responsibility.  We have played one game so far this year that our DC as adapted his scheme to stop a team.  The rest has been vanilla and it shows.  Getting healthy will help but just because you are short handed does not mean you give up.  From my perspective it looks like PG is not even trying.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just a week before bucs also held gb to 10 pts at the half and put up 31pts on gb defense which I say is way better than our defense.

What did y’all expect really? We held them to 24 in the 4th imo we performed better than gb on both sides of the ball. 

They had 28 at half but 7 points came on a pick 6 and 7 points came after an INT where TB started on the Packers 2 yard line. 

Our defense gave up 45 but that doesn't tell the whole story because their last 14 points were gimmies. Carr threw a pick and they started on like our 20 then we turned it over on downs and they started on like our 30. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just a week before bucs also held gb to 10 pts at the half and put up 31pts on gb defense which I say is way better than our defense.

What did y’all expect really? We held them to 24 in the 4th imo we performed better than gb on both sides of the ball. 

Interesting take. Would you say Tampa Bay is better than Kansas? We kept the Chiefs to 24 until garbage time in their own stadium. I'd think the Chiefs are a little bit better and we played Tampa at home and was expecting at least some pressure on the QB considering we had 2 weeks to scheme something up. Brady has thrown 3 pick 6's too but obviously our D isn't going to create anything to help the O out.

Tampa Bay has a weaker OL than Kansas IMO so I was expecting a similar display (on defence) if I'm honest, though I was expecting our Offense to struggle a little missing linemen, practice and considering the Tampa Defence is elite. 20 points is reasonable but probably not enough to win realistically. 

Edited by Darbsk