Good, bad, ugly vs Tampa Bay

NYRaider

35 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Interesting take. Would you say Tampa Bay is better than Kansas? We kept the Chiefs to 24 until garbage time in their own stadium. I'd think the Chiefs are a little bit better and we played Tampa at home and was expecting at least some pressure on the QB considering we had 2 weeks to scheme something up. Brady has thrown 3 pick 6's too but obviously our D isn't going to create anything to help the O out.

Tampa Bay has a weaker OL than Kansas IMO so I was expecting a similar display (on defence) if I'm honest, though I was expecting our Offense to struggle a little missing linemen, practice and considering the Tampa Defence is elite. 20 points is reasonable but probably not enough to win realistically. 

Difference is we had a rt and abrams 

abrams is our only safety with deep speed 

without abrams I knew we’d get roasted deep and don’t get me started on our rt Situation lol

also dline pressure increased when we were playing with a lead vs kc 

Brady isn’t a threat to run like mahomey so rushing 4 is just buying into his strength of sitting in the pocket carving secondaries 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Difference is we had a rt and abrams 

abrams is our only safety with deep speed 

without abrams I knew we’d get roasted deep and don’t get me started on our rt Situation lol

also dline pressure increased when we were playing with a lead vs kc 

Brady isn’t a threat to run like mahomey so rushing 4 is just buying into his strength of sitting in the pocket carving secondaries 

All good points, I dont disagree with any of that.

What really, really disappointed me was the total lack of pressure. I mean, we didn't scheme anything to pressure Brady up the middle, just perplexing to me. TBH I'd start Vickers, Smith and Jones over Hurst and Collins and see what they can do at this point. We need something to happen, a spark.

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

All good points, I dont disagree with any of that.

What really, really disappointed me was the total lack of pressure. I mean, we didn't scheme anything to pressure Brady up the middle, just perplexing to me. TBH I'd start Vickers, Smith and Jones over Hurst and Collins and see what they can do at this point. We need something to happen, a spark.

It’s really easy 5 olinemen vs 4 dline 

only reason we looked good vs kc Is cause mahomey like to scramble and improvise. We needed to send at least 5 guys at Brady but pg idk what he was thinking. Maybe no abrams meant he had to keep a extra guy back but Brady would rather bet on his arm than running away from pressure. Unless you have stud dline 4 vs 5 wont work. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

only reason we looked good vs kc Is cause mahomey like to scramble and improvise. We needed to send at least 5 guys at Brady but pg idk what he was thinking. Maybe no abrams meant he had to keep a extra guy back but Brady would rather bet on his arm than running away from pressure. Unless you have stud dline 4 vs 5 wont work. 

PG runs the same vanilla, non-agressive, scheme every week. Against the Chiefs our guys just actually got pressure up front for once this season.

58 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The team was demoralized after that gutless call by Gruden and it showed on both sides after that

Oh we were demoralized for a few reasons that are hard to overcome. 

The bs ejection call, PI calls for the lightest of touches while our WRs were getting mugged endlessly, taking a FG instead of playing to win, a D scheme that isn't working, the game not only not being postponed but actually pushed up (like...wtf?).

Usually I'd be more critical and say our boys need to man up and deal with it, but that's a lot to overcome. 

My worry is not allowing that stuff to snowball. 10 wins is still easily within reach as we get guys back and the schedule eases up. Don't let a bad week define the season. We've competed in virtually every game against probable playoff favorites and have either won or stayed in it late with opportunities to take a lead. Take the black eye and move on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh we were demoralized for a few reasons that are hard to overcome. 

The bs ejection call, PI calls for the lightest of touches while our WRs were getting mugged endlessly, taking a FG instead of playing to win, a D scheme that isn't working, the game not only not being postponed but actually pushed up (like...wtf?).

Usually I'd be more critical and say our boys need to man up and deal with it, but that's a lot to overcome. 

My worry is not allowing that stuff to snowball. 10 wins is still easily within reach as we get guys back and the schedule eases up. Don't let a bad week define the season. We've competed in virtually every game against probable playoff favorites and have either won or stayed in it late with opportunities to take a lead. Take the black eye and move on.

I believe we are the only team that did not get pushed back.  They even punished the Broncos for the Patriots players getting Covid.  I am going to have a real issue the next time a primetime game team does not get flexed into an earlier spot.  If the game is played at its regular time we even get Abram back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I believe we are the only team that did not get pushed back.  They even punished the Broncos for the Patriots players getting Covid.  I am going to have a real issue the next time a primetime game team does not get flexed into an earlier spot.  If the game is played at its regular time we even get Abram back.

Good points by both. I was spitting feathers after our capitulation - which, although, I know we were ‘in’ the game, had a certain inevitability about it. A massive part of that was the ridiculous amount of things we had to contend with. 

Some frustrating play - yes. But rotten luck and a healthy dose of unfairness too. Seasons not over. We move on.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The next two weeks will be very telling for how the rest of our season is going to go. We should win both games but both teams have offenses that are capable of lighting our defense up for 30+ points.