In Season Trade or FA signing that needs to be made (But won't)

KingTitan

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Also see who you can salvage from the Vikings, Broncos, Giants, Falcons and maybe Jets. 

Too bad we couldn't have gotten Yannick from Minny or Golden from NY. Would've loved to have made either of those deals.

Outside of Reiff if they want OL help, no one off the top of my head that I could see us realistically grabbing from this group as I can't think of any tradeable pass rushers they have.

If we’re looking for a pass rusher, it better be an interior to pair with Simmons. Otherwise, secondary. Vaccaro has been useless and Byard has been invisible. Corners speak for themselves, we should get Adoree back, but I never want to see JJ or Tye Smith again. Playing 10 yards off just so you can get beat in space anyways.

do we really want to trade a first for a 30 year old corner? i'd pass on gilmore, tbh.

i don't really know that there's a whole lot we can do personnel-wise. we sat and did nothing on amukamara for way too long while trotting joseph and tye smith out there and now he's with the cardinals, so great job to the staff for that one. maybe quinnen williams from the jets as an interior rusher but he's done nothing in his career so far and might be a better fit as a pure 4-3 guy. there's just no quick fix here. our CB depth is garbage and it is what it is.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Call New England and see if you can get JC Jackson for like an 4th or 5th rounder.
Or
Aim high and see if you can get Gilmore for an 1st and get back like an 5th rounder back.

Workout:
Cameron Wake
Clay Matthews
Tramon Williams

and see who can help.

JC Jackson isn’t available 

I don’t know if you seen my post or not about Gilmore but he is available 

Albert Breer was on my radio station the other day and he thinks the asking price for Gilmore would be a 2nd pick 

His reasoning is that if you go back into recent history around the NFL and look at the players who we’re traded for 1st round picks they were all under 28 or 29

Gilmore will be 31 next year I believe plus he has no term left on his deal so they think a 2nd would get it done 

Not sure if Belichick cares about trading him to an AFC team or not but the rumored team for Gilmore is Chicago

But i would love for the Titans to atleast try but not sure they would 

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

If we’re looking for a pass rusher, it better be an interior to pair with Simmons. Otherwise, secondary. Vaccaro has been useless and Byard has been invisible. Corners speak for themselves, we should get Adoree back, but I never want to see JJ or Tye Smith again. Playing 10 yards off just so you can get beat in space anyways.

I think byard and vaccaro must be playing to protect these bad Corners. I've seen Vaccaro make some plays. 

Byard is invisible

7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Byard is going to be invisible when we're playing our corners so far off and teams are just eating up the short game. Posted this chart in the GDT to hammer that home:

ElNBfltXEAIvDB0?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yeah, I guess i should clarify. I think he is invisible, because he plays so far off and the coaches know that they don't have deep speed at Corner to press. So we play so far off and teams are just feasting underneath. 

It's very frustrating. 

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Fulton hasn’t been good either but this team definitely needs to make a move for a CB.

This is likely going to be Robinson's worst draft class. I think it may because of the shutdown from Covid, but first time we have a class that hasn't produced an outright contributor out the gate. 

Jackson has been spotty at CB and the DL from NC State made a play I think against the Vikings. 

We need to make a move. We can't keep trotting out 3 OLBs( that ends up being 1.5 really with Landry playing hard and Clowney and Beasley making up for half of an OLB.) 
And like said the CB spot needs a move and Fulton looks out of place at times and shows why he wasn't an 1st round pick.