KingTitan

In Season Trade or FA signing that needs to be made (But won't)

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I wouldn’t trade for a corner. We just drafted two, so we should be fine down the road when Adoree is healthy.

We’re 5-1. No need to panic.

I love how everyone has this faith in Adoree, but he is not going to solve these issues alone. 

We can’t be one injury away from Tye Smith or Jonathan Joseph starting outside down the stretch/in the playoffs. We just can’t.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I love how everyone has this faith in Adoree, but he is not going to solve these issues alone. 

Oh of course not. But by the season’s end, I expect both Fulton and Chris Jackson to make big steps, and that plus Adoree should fix the situation to the degree that it can be.

Three good corners is all that most teams have, and if Fulton plays up to his draft level by season’s end, that’s where we’ll be.

We already have too many upcoming holes for the draft capital we have. I don’t want to make more.

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Oh of course not. But by the season’s end, I expect both Fulton and Chris Jackson to make big steps, and that plus Adoree should fix the situation to the degree that it can be.

Three good corners is all that most teams have, and if Fulton plays up to his draft level by season’s end, that’s where we’ll be.

We already have too many upcoming holes for the draft capital we have. I don’t want to make more.

But do we have as many holes? 

We are a good pass rusher and at most 2 decent corners away from a super bowl level team. 

Joseph and Smith are playing real snaps and that isn't good. 

Fulton can rebound but he is having an MRI done today. 

Outside of that I can't think of a lot of musts. 

Hooker has improved at safety and could take Vaccaro spot down the line. 

Simmons is a man. Landry is solid. Jones is solid. Need an rusher and corner. 

If we spent all our draft on corners, rushers and a kicker, I'd call it a good draft. Lol 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But do we have as many holes? 

We are a good pass rusher and at most 2 decent corners away from a super bowl level team. 

Joseph and Smith are playing real snaps and that isn't good. 

Fulton can rebound but he is having an MRI done today. 

Outside of that I can't think of a lot of musts. 

Hooker has improved at safety and could take Vaccaro spot down the line. 

Simmons is a man. Landry is solid. Jones is solid. Need an rusher and corner. 

If we spent all our draft on corners, rushers and a kicker, I'd call it a good draft. Lol 

This year no, we're only really lacking I think on the interior DL and depth at WR.  But next season we have Jayon Brown, Corey Davis, Jonnu Smith, Anthony Firkser, Daquan Jones, Jadeveon Clowney, and Vic Beasley all entering free agency, not to mention other depth pieces.  We can probably re-sign like three of those.

Trading for someone now would not help the situation in all of those spots.

I think CB is a bigger need then pass rusher. Our CBs aren’t giving the rush a chance to get sacks because the ball comes out so quickly since we give 10 yrd cushions every play..  Even when Adoree comes back and depending on Fulton Injuries, Joseph or Smith should not be seeing the Field. All of our Corners are slow outside of Adoree and Fulton. Once coverage gets better I think we will see more sacks

Just now, Daniel said:

This year no, we're only really lacking I think on the interior DL and depth at WR.  But next season we have Jayon Brown, Corey Davis, Jonnu Smith, Anthony Firkser, Daquan Jones, Jadeveon Clowney, and Vic Beasley all entering free agency, not to mention other depth pieces.  We can probably re-sign like three of those.

Trading for someone now would not help the situation in all of those spots.

Truthfully we only need to sign about 3 of those (Brown, Davis, Smith) Firsker should come cheaper, but sadly might not comeback, can replace him with a sure handed guy. Jones I would love to be back, but again if the price not right......
Clowney and Beasley can go. Clowney might come around, but through 6 games he hasn't had much of an impact. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

We can’t be one injury away from Tye Smith or Jonathan Joseph starting outside down the stretch/in the playoffs. We just can’t.

i have not been a proponent of making a move so far but if fulton's injury is serious i don't really see how we can justify sticking with what we have at CB.

25 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i have not been a proponent of making a move so far but if fulton's injury is serious i don't really see how we can justify sticking with what we have at CB.

Ya I agree 

Gilmore is the sexy name 

I just want a guy who’s better than Tye Smith and a little better than Joseph

It’s easier said than done but Titans should be looking at the bottom teams in the league and see who they can shake free for a mid round pick 

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Fulton hasn’t been good either but this team definitely needs to make a move for a CB.

Fulton hasn’t been good in zone coverage that’s the thing it’s hard to okay zone coverage when you have no pass rush & you play off coverage sitting on routes 5-10 yards off. Our entire defense sucks except 1 player Jeffery Simmons Clowney been okay but he’s not making Playa because jack Crawford not helping him any, he’s too undersized to play an important position on our DL. He’s 277 playing 5 tech suppose to be eating up blocks & DaQuan is as good at NT vs DE 

I wonder if Marcell Dareus could help us, he can’t be worse than jack Crawford I would like to see him at NT & Jones back DE

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The only thing that starts to help with Adoree is now you have 2 guys that can play man less than 11 yards off the WR

Also Adoree is probably quicker to getting to the ball than Tye Smith or Joseph will be 

And then your hoping he takes better angles than those 2 did yesterday 

15 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

JC Jackson isn’t available 

I don’t know if you seen my post or not about Gilmore but he is available 

Albert Breer was on my radio station the other day and he thinks the asking price for Gilmore would be a 2nd pick 

His reasoning is that if you go back into recent history around the NFL and look at the players who we’re traded for 1st round picks they were all under 28 or 29

Gilmore will be 31 next year I believe plus he has no term left on his deal so they think a 2nd would get it done 

Not sure if Belichick cares about trading him to an AFC team or not but the rumored team for Gilmore is Chicago

But i would love for the Titans to atleast try but not sure they would 

I'd happily give a 2nd to NE for Gilmore.  We can just pretend it was part of our "historic punishment" for COVID violations.

Edited by titanrick
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I'd happily give a 2nd to NE for Gilmore.  We can just pretend it was part of our "historic punishment" for COVID violations.

I would too. 
Better than anything we'd get in the 2nd next year anyway.