In Season Trade or FA signing that needs to be made (But won't)

KingTitan

15 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

What about William Jackson from the Bengals? Heard he is disgruntled and in his prime, may be looking for a change of scenery. Asking price may be high.  

I would give up a 1st for william Jackson chances are we’re picking at the bottom of the 1st round, though I would want a 3rd in return 

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

sigh. would've done that in a heartbeat but sure, let's just go on with 3 edge rushers on the entire team.

If we didn’t give a decent depth guy in Correa many snaps while he was here, I doubt we make a significant move for any other edge rushers.

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

If we didn’t give a decent depth guy in Correa many snaps while he was here, I doubt we make a significant move for any other edge rushers.

i know. this whole thread is mostly just pipe dreams, but it will never stop being monumentally stupid for this staff to be satisfied with how atrocious our edge depth is and it will absolutely come back to bite us down the stretch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i know. this whole thread is mostly just pipe dreams, but it will never stop being monumentally stupid for this staff to be satisfied with how atrocious our edge depth is and it will absolutely come back to bite us down the stretch.

I’m with you. I just don’t understand how before the season they mentioned how Landry wore down late last season because he played too many snaps. Yet, they only play 3 OLBs and have Landry playing an even higher percentage of snaps this year than he did last. I need one of our reporters to ask Vrabel (or Bowen when he’s available) about that because it truly makes no sense.

Before I get murdered, this isn't something I'd want in any way shape or form...

But if Sambrailo plays well down the stretch(he just came off allowing 0 pressures vs the best pass rush in football), does dealing Lewan become a consideration for the team to free up money next year with all the people we need to re-sign coming up? Would have to re-sign Sambrailo as he's only on a one year deal, but obviously he'd come a lot cheaper than Lewan.

Just something to keep in mind I think. It requires Sambrailo playing at this similar level all year to even be a consideration, but if that does happen...

38 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Before I get murdered, this isn't something I'd want in any way shape or form...

But if Sambrailo plays well down the stretch(he just came off allowing 0 pressures vs the best pass rush in football), does dealing Lewan become a consideration for the team to free up money next year with all the people we need to re-sign coming up? Would have to re-sign Sambrailo as he's only on a one year deal, but obviously he'd come a lot cheaper than Lewan.

Just something to keep in mind I think. It requires Sambrailo playing at this similar level all year to even be a consideration, but if that does happen...

i think we try to bring sambrailo back on a team-friendly deal and then look at how lewan comes back next year. if he doesn't hold up quite as well, then maybe you try to deal him. i think the reduced compensation we would get for him in that scenario would be worth it, because i would not trust half a season of sambrailo in a very weird year where defenses are struggling over lewan's body of work. it would also be a howler of a move from a PR (and potential locker room?) standpoint with as much of a team leader as lewan has become.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

tenor.gif

36 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I agree.

But it's such a New England-esque move that I could kinda see it happening.

Yeah I don't like it either. LT too important.

NE definitely looks to have gotten the wrong end of the Chandler Jones deal and that's what this would feel like to me lol.

Also would be curious to see all his pass rush snaps and how much help he was given. Kelly was roasted all day so it would make sense that some of the help he normally would get was going to the left side.