Week 8 GDT: Raiders (3-3) @ Browns (5-2)

NYRaider

Really hard to have faith in this team when the defense is so bad. I have a lot of money riding on them getting at least 7 wins and this is a win they must get. 

Game plan on defense should be sending the blitz at Baker at all cost. He is one of the worst QBs against the blitz. Hopefully Irving will be able to play and whatever lineup changes they make pay off.

On offense this should be a 300 yard game for Carr. They should really get whatever they want in the air against the Browns. Nelly, Ruggs and Waller should all have great chances of putting up big numbers. This will be the break out Ruggs game that will be better then the KC game. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Really hard to have faith in this team when the defense is so bad. I have a lot of money riding on them getting at least 7 wins and this is a win they must get. 

Game plan on defense should be sending the blitz at Baker at all cost. He is one of the worst QBs against the blitz. Hopefully Irving will be able to play and whatever lineup changes they make pay off.

On offense this should be a 300 yard game for Carr. They should really get whatever they want in the air against the Browns. Nelly, Ruggs and Waller should all have great chances of putting up big numbers. This will be the break out Ruggs game that will be better then the KC game. 

browns fans prospective: 

Its going to be a shootout browns put up 30+ on most defenses the bad ones closer to 40.   Your right if you cant get pressure on baker he will play well and if he does on top of the really good running game its going to be a long game.

the browns defense does 2 things well stop the run  and create turnovers #1 in the NFL so far. they give up lots of yards and points but the turnovers and short fields have helped them score lots of points.

so how do you guys think the raiders match up with that? I have no idea  i have not watched 1 snap of a raider game so far this year.

First one to 40 wins or closest to 40 wins

Raiders passing offense matches up really well against the Browns. Browns have no one that can cover Waller. Browns have had trouble all year with TE's now you go up against the most athletic one in the NFL. I like Nelly and Ruggs match ups against the secondary.

Browns offense creates a lot of problems for the Raiders as well. Not just running the ball, but passing the ball as well. If you get good Baker Mayfield then it can be a long game. 

Think this game comes down to which Baker you get tbh. Raiders know what level of play they're gonna get from Carr. Mayfield is a way more of a toss up. 

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

First one to 40 wins or closest to 40 wins

Raiders passing offense matches up really well against the Browns. Browns have no one that can cover Waller. Browns have had trouble all year with TE's now you go up against the most athletic one in the NFL. I like Nelly and Ruggs match ups against the secondary.

Browns offense creates a lot of problems for the Raiders as well. Not just running the ball, but passing the ball as well. If you get good Baker Mayfield then it can be a long game. 

Think this game comes down to which Baker you get tbh. Raiders know what level of play they're gonna get from Carr. Mayfield is a way more of a toss up. 

browns CBs have been pretty good ward and Mitchell have been good.  the safety's and LB's are not good in coverage.  the pass rush is pretty good though.

how have the raiders been with turning the ball over.  if they don't turn it over it will go a long way for a raiders win. Myles Garrett seems to get a strip sack every game

1 minute ago, EastSideDawg said:

browns CBs have been pretty good ward and Mitchell have been good.  the safety's and LB's are not good in coverage.  the pass rush is pretty good though.

how have the raiders been with turning the ball over.  if they don't turn it over it will go a long way for a raiders win. Myles Garrett seems to get a strip sack every game

Carr doesn’t throw many interceptions, but I think he’s fumbled on a sack 4 times already, so not a good omen up against Garrett.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Carr doesn’t throw many interceptions, but I think he’s fumbled on a sack 4 times already, so not a good omen up against Garrett.

i think Myles has 4 strip sacks already.  something to keep an eye on.

i would say a shootout is likely,  browns already have the tie breaker over the colts and if they beat the raiders they would have the tie breaker. they would be in the drivers seat for a wildcard spot. 

Edited by EastSideDawg

1 hour ago, EastSideDawg said:

If we are even in TOs we probably win but if we are careless with the ball we lose.  

Carolina 0

Saints 0

Patriots -2

Bills -2

Chiefs 0

Bucs -2 if you count the turnover on downs which led to a TD.

We are also 2-0 with Trent Brown and 1-3 without him.  Last game after Jackson got ejected we were down 3 offensive linemen and that is also when the wheels started to fall off.  If we are healthy and do not turn the ball over we should win but this team has been very erratic this year.

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gonna look a lot like this one.

What stood out to me was how wide open Cooper was.  It would look like the coverage breakdowns but he just beat his man that bad.  There were six or seven plays where there is not a DB within five yards of him.  To bad him and Carr could never get on the same page.  Carr likes to get rid of the ball quickly and Cooper takes to long to set up the DB for Carr.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Gonna look a lot like this one.

you ever watch Raider "highlights" and be like "damn, i really thought we were gonna make some noise that year" lol 

That was what, 2 years ago? How many guys on the Raiders from that clip are out of the league? Damn...