Week 8 GDT: Raiders (3-3) @ Browns (5-2)

NYRaider

17 hours ago, EastSideDawg said:

browns fans prospective: 

Its going to be a shootout browns put up 30+ on most defenses the bad ones closer to 40.   Your right if you cant get pressure on baker he will play well and if he does on top of the really good running game its going to be a long game.

the browns defense does 2 things well stop the run  and create turnovers #1 in the NFL so far. they give up lots of yards and points but the turnovers and short fields have helped them score lots of points.

so how do you guys think the raiders match up with that? I have no idea  i have not watched 1 snap of a raider game so far this year.

I've seen the Browns a few times this year and this perspective seems good to me. I love the Browns DL, aggressive and creates plays something that is 180 from the Raiders DL which have done precious little. Ogunjobi and Vernon have been a little underrated I feel. We simply don't create anything on defence but with Mayfield being up and down I can see us snagging an interception or two for once if we can get pressure and that could be the difference. The Browns running game has been great and Beckham has brought a little X factor with end arounds and things so I think he'll be greatly missed. I think our DBs match up better with Browns receivers than the Browns DBs with our receivers but it depends on the OL if Carr has time to use all the weapons and if our playaction be effective. Our running game has been poor recently but again, attributed to the OL injuries. We need that to take pressure off Carr and keep Garrett and Co honest.

The Browns running game will be tough to shut down but we've actually been great in run defence this year. If (and its a big IF) our defence can get some pressure on Mayfield I think we'll have a great chance. We're expecting some changes on D but who knows what that will bring, we'll probably all be really underwhelmed again!

A lot will depend upon our OL, which can be elite with all our starters but if Brown and Incognito are missing then we may see a ton of quick passes trying to pick on the Browns LBs which could actually play to our strengths - Waller, Renfrow, RBs and hopefully Ruggs on screens and quick slants, crossers.

Our offence has been good with turnovers the trouble we have is that our D creates practically none so even if we fumble the ball once we usually are in negative turnover differential. I think it will be close, both teams getting 30 points and the edge going to which team wins the turnover battle.

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Would you guys be interested in Vernon in trade? We could use picks and/or a DE.

I guess by that you mean he's not lived up to his contract!!! He seemed pretty decent when I saw the Browns last but I guess his cap hit is around 12m or so. If we didn't trade for Dunlap then I can't really see us going after any edge guys. Ogunjobi would be a big upgrade for us though.......our DTs have been totally absent in pressuring the QB.